New 2006 Lexus GS pictures released... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New 2006 Lexus GS pictures released...

Stephen

Moderator In Memoriam
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Annapolis, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Limited
I know at least one of you owns (or co-owns) a Lexus GS430, Lexus unveiled the redesigned GS430 in Detroit yesterday, thought I'd post some of the pictures to get a reaction. I like it myself, you can see a lot of past Lexus cues in the styling.

WKA2004010638790_pv.jpg

WKA2004010638770_pv.jpg

WKA2004010638685_pv.jpg

WKA2003123142838_pv.jpg

WKA2003123142859_pv.jpg

WKA2003123142740_pv.jpg

WKA2003123143122_pv.jpg

WKA2003123143166_pv.jpg

Whats everyone think?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looks like some of the lexus of todays world, just newer.....

When are the pics of YOUR lex gonna be unveiled?

Really? I like it. I was never really partial to the styling of the current one though.

Wait and see it in person, Lexus always look better in person for some reason.

I like the new styling.. The front end doesn't look like it stick out as much, its more of nice contour. The rear end is nice but I prefer the current body style.

Originally posted by Stephen
Soon, soon. Good things come to those who are patient ;)

Really? I was always taught "The early bird gets the worm" And being patient would mean that you would be late and without your worm. :D

The outside is alright, rear reminds me of a Saab though. Interior is beautiful, as always!

Hmmm, yup, Saab front end, first gen GS rear end, and sort of Altima/G35 from the side. I'll wait to see it in person though. I wonder if it will be at the LA Auto Show. I'd still rather have a 5-Series.

Mike

Originally posted by TarHeel085
looks like a new maxima

yea..it really looks like a more refined (barely) maxima.

I dunno, I can't get behind the styling of the new 5. I have a customer who just traded his 98 740iL on one and he loves it, but its just looks...well like a new BMW (not a good thing nowadays)...

the 5 did some wierd stuff with the steering... its like 3/4 turn of the wheel to full lock or something.. its progressive and not constant or predictable making it more automated and less driver oriented... very bad for the performance world

Yeah, I meant the E39 5-Series. ;) I'm still undecided about the new one, although it does look better in person than in photos. Same with the new 6. And Jim, yeah, the new 5 has "Active Steering," which Car and Driver didn't really care for. I hope BMW doesn't forget what got them to "The Ultimate Driving Machine" status they enjoy today. These new Bangle designs combined with i-Drive crap and "Active" everything could very well tarnish that image over the next couple of years. The E38/E39/E46 cars could very well be the last "real" BMWs.

Uh, thread hijack over. :D

Mike

Looks pretty good. To me the front looks like a Acura and the rear is similar to a Nissan Maxima like tarheel said. I like it.

Acura TL
04801021990001LRG.jpg

Nissan Maxima
04809111990002LRG.jpg

Maybe I'm the only one that sees this. The curve in the rear and then the back reminds me of a Saab 93 or 900..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hmmm 160 on the dash wonder how long it would take to hit that......

Back