• Register Today It's free!

New 2012 Here

JibbyMac15

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Ford Explorer Base
Newbie from Texas with a 2012 Base model. I plan on adding leather heated seats, Sync navigation, rear camera, fog lights and better looking wheels. That's pretty much it for now. It's my wife's car and she doesn't want much.

If anyone knows a thread that has a sync system install, which seats fit in the explorer(f150,250 etc.) that would be greatly appreciated. As well as anyone selling those items. Preferably black leather, but we'll take tan as well.

Thanks guys.

Newbie from Texas with a 2012 Base model. I plan on adding leather heated seats, Sync navigation, rear camera, fog lights and better looking wheels. That's pretty much it for now. It's my wife's car and she doesn't want much.

If anyone knows a thread that has a sync system install, which seats fit in the explorer(f150,250 etc.) that would be greatly appreciated. As well as anyone selling those items. Preferably black leather, but we'll take tan as well.

Thanks guys.

Welcome to the group! I hear the sync MFT is really tough to add on. However there is a whole lot for a aftermarket radio system which is like the MFT. Here is the link.

http://radio-upgrade.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=83

Also, the headlights on the vehicle are really poor. I would go with HID replacement kit. I have one available just PM me if you want more details.

Fog lights you'll have to go with after market as the harness to make it stock is not equipped in the main headlight wiring harness. You can find kits on EBay for around 50-60 dollars.

Also, the remote start section has really good information on adding factory remote start to the vehicle since it's already equipped with it. You just need the hood pin switch and harness, remote start key fob, and have the dealership enable it in iDS.

Back