• Register Today It's free!

New 2014 XLT Ordered

KnobCreek

Reaction score
City, State
Bon Aqua, Tenn.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer XLT 4WD
Hi everyone. Just curious and anxious. I ordered my XLT 4WD on 12/17/14. Just looked on Ford Owners site at SYNC. Checked for updates and it says in update history that it was updated on 3/8/14.

Date Confirmed:
Mar 8, 2014
Version:
Gen2 - V3.6.2

I hope this means my Paw Paw Wagon was completed today. Estimated build date was 3/6/14. Does anyone know of this is correct?
I'm currently driving an absolutely worn out trailblazer borrowed from a good friend after getting my 05 Envoy totaled in December. I'm more than ready for my new ride.
Thanks guys!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi everyone. Just curious and anxious. I ordered my XLT 4WD on 12/17/14. Just looked on Ford Owners site at SYNC. Checked for updates and it says in update history that it was updated on 3/8/14.

Date Confirmed:
Mar 8, 2014
Version:
Gen2 - V3.6.2

I hope this means my Paw Paw Wagon was completed today. Estimated build date was 3/6/14. Does anyone know of this is correct?
I'm currently driving an absolutely worn out trailblazer borrowed from a good friend after getting my 05 Envoy totaled in December. I'm more than ready for my new ride.
Thanks guys!
Have you pulled up your Window Sticker using your VIN? the build date is also shown on it.

Peter

Have you pulled up your Window Sticker using your VIN? the build date is also shown on it.

Peter

Yes. Build date shows 3/6/14. I suspect it was finished 3/8/14 as I activated SYNC this morning and SYNC update history says it was last updated on 3/8/14. It's been a long wait. I'll contact Crystal in a day or two to see if delivery is still estimated at 3/30/14. It would seem to have been built since SYNC recognizes my VIN and is saying my subscription is active.
Sorry to be a pest but just anxious to be in my new wheels. My first new Ford in 30 years.
Thanks!

Yes. Build date shows 3/6/14. I suspect it was finished 3/8/14 as I activated SYNC this morning and SYNC update history says it was last updated on 3/8/14. It's been a long wait. I'll contact Crystal in a day or two to see if delivery is still estimated at 3/30/14. It would seem to have been built since SYNC recognizes my VIN and is saying my subscription is active.
Sorry to be a pest but just anxious to be in my new wheels. My first new Ford in 30 years.
Thanks!
Welcome to the Forum KnobCreek. :wavey:
No need to apologize. You are definitely not being a pest. The forum is here for just such questions/concerns, etc. As indicated in my PM, I have moved your posts to a new thread in the the 2014 - 2015 Ford Explorer Order Status forum.

Enjoy the Ex when it arrives.:):thumbsup:

Peter

I'll keep an eye out for your PM, KnobCreek. Your new Explorer will be here before you know it! :)

Crystal

Yes! Build completed 3/8/14! Now begins the wait for delivery. At least it will be considerably less than the twelve weeks between ordering and building. I hope. :thumbsup::D

May 20, 2014 will be 22 weeks since ordering. My vehicle is part of the "backlog" and will be shipped by May 23, according to the shipper, per my Ford Rep. We shall see. At least. My dealer has given me a loaner vehicle until my Explorer comes in. It's an Edge, at least I can get used to the MFT. Maybe I can get an award for having the longest wait time, ever for a stock Ford vehicle.

I didn't have to wait for my 14'XLT to be built but did have to wait 3-4 weeks for it to clear customs in Germany. You will really enjoy your new ride for sure. I am so please with my vehicle and feel really comfortable with having my family in the vehicle and if anyone has driven the autobahn in Europe, it can get a dicey. And it performs great...

Thanks Rebecca, I've read about people having all kinds of trouble with MFT but I've not had any problems that weren't my own fault. I just kept fooling with it and it works great.

Thanks swartz22 for the encouraging word. It's great to hear how satisfying a vehicle the Explorer is.

I went to my dealer to get a new temp tag Saturday. He looked up my Explorer and said it shows as in transit, finally. Hoping it gets here in a few days.

You're very welcome! For even more practice, you can download the MyFord Touch Guide on your phone from. I must admit, I have to peek at it every once in a while to make sure I'm giving the correct steps.

Rebecca

You're very welcome! For even more practice, you can download the MyFord Touch Guide on your phone from. I must admit, I have to peek at it every once in a while to make sure I'm giving the correct steps.

Rebecca
"you can download the MyFord Touch Guide on your phone from." :scratch:

Peter

22 weeks, 4 days from ordering to delivery.
The vehicle is fantastic. The most comfortable ride I've ever had. It's been a long road getting it but that's all forgotten. I look forward to my 500 - 600 miles a week now! I look forward to trolling the site now as an owner. As far as any problems, there are none other than the HD weather tech floor mats I ordered back in December are the wrong ones in the box. That's not Fords problem. I will order a wood trim kit to cover the aluminum looking trim and I'll get the door handles powder coated to Dark Side to match the vehicle.i was considering installing a twin turbo kit but it performs really well like it is. I'm probably too old to be driving too fast a vehicle anyway. I can use that money to buy more beer ingredients.
For anyone frustrated about having to wait a long time to take delivery, be patient, the Explorer is well worth the wait. Ford does need to improve their ability to track special order vehicles though.
Time to go for a ride now and test out the K & N intake kit. :D

(dead link)

Removed bad photo links

Links to photos did not work. Two later posts have the good links.

Ok. This old man can't figure out posting pics yet. Oh we'll, it's Knob Creek time any way. Later y'all.

Maybe this will work.

It works! Here's one more.
(dead link)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Love the Dark Side color!! We got a 2014 XLT in Sterling Gray. The last car I bought was a base level Camry in 04. The technology adjustment has been a little overwhelming at times, but I've wanted an Explorer for 20 yrs, so I can definitely enjoy getting acclimated.

Enjoy your ride!! We're going on a family vacation soon, and that will be the true test for us, LOL!!

Back