New 2016 Explorer Sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New 2016 Explorer Sport

Nasty

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Sport
Just brought home a new 2016 Explorer Sport to go along with the F150. Loved the 2011 - 2015 but when the 2016s came out it was time to go ahead with it. Love it so far! Looking at wrapping the front end, hood, etc in Xpel Ultimate and getting it tinted. Already put LEDs in everything, pulled the front plate mount, got 'BumperPlugs' ready for after the clear bra, Weathertechs on the way.

Here are some pictures of the new ride. D

Headlights%20copy_zpstz0laggj.jpg

Front%20Angle%20copy_zpsnboewebp.jpg

Rear%20Angle%20copy_zpskd3gfy77.jpg

Interior%20copy_zpsuxhqdidy.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's about damn time we got some nice 2016 pics!

The Shadow Black looks really good there! I'm really wanting to see some Magnetic photos!

The Shadow Black has the slightest pearl tint to it. I can't even see it under my garage lights or the sun but under a flashlight you can see it. To my eye it looks like a deeper, richer ebony (UA). We were stuck between the Shadow Black, Magnetic and Tri-Coat White Platinum. We found this Sport and got it for a steal so we couldn't say no.

Congratulations! Those are some great pics. Shadow Black does look spiffy. :)

It's about damn time we got some nice 2016 pics!

The Shadow Black looks really good there! I'm really wanting to see some Magnetic photos!

I'll post when i finish my XLT haha. I'm converting the outside to a Sport. Should've just bought a Sport haha.

Congratulations!! Looks awesome!!

IDK what is sexier, your garage floor or your new ride! Congrats! Same as mine :D

Congrats! Enjoy your new ride.

+1 you either just moved in or I need you to come help me with my garage!

Congrats and great pics! I'm very jealous of the garage floor too.

Thanks for all of the compliments. I'll get some better pictures once we get the tint and Xpel Ultimate done. This was the night home from the dealer. Also curious about adding the OEM LED foglights. I can get parts near cost but the list was $576/ea lol.

Smirking at the comments about the garage floor. Just built a new house and just got the floor 'done'. Actually decided to go up the wall a few inches, just need to get the sealer on the sides. Not much in the garage until I get it all wrapped up and move everything back in and start organizing it.

Thanks for all of the compliments. I'll get some better pictures once we get the tint and Xpel Ultimate done. This was the night home from the dealer. Also curious about adding the OEM LED foglights. I can get parts near cost but the list was $576/ea lol.

Smirking at the comments about the garage floor. Just built a new house and just got the floor 'done'. Actually decided to go up the wall a few inches, just need to get the sealer on the sides. Not much in the garage until I get it all wrapped up and move everything back in and start organizing it.

Aren't the OEM LED Fogs a $150 option?

That Sport is Nasty! Keep the pics of your ride and mods flowing. :)

My favorite part of the Sport update/refresh, is the integrated exhaust tips on the rear fascia. Very nice. Sleek and clean.

I'll post when i finish my XLT haha. I'm converting the outside to a Sport. Should've just bought a Sport haha.

yeap, I say that everyday and the prices now are not that much different.:(

Nice Explorer. That black looks amazing. Where I live though it would be very tough to keep clean looking due the dust in the air. I really like your garage floor. Makes my concrete garage floor seem so inadequate.

Im re-doing my garage floor just because of this thread!

So, we've been hearing a really light clunk / thunk when we pull out of our driveway. Sounds like it's coming from the driver's front side. It happens almost every time you restart the vehicle. It will happen turning, straight, around 4-5 mph.. Only happens once a drive. Anyone have any ideas what this could be?

The cowl also just started buzzing. I'm surprised they didn't fix this for 2016.. Whatever, it's got to go to the dealer for that it seems like.

Here are some new pictures after being freshly detailed with my helper. :thumbsup:

136D9DF9-602C-40BE-8774-1CA6050463BF_zpsbf96f75m.jpg

Side%202%20copy_zpsgsn7p6c1.jpg

Rear%20Side%20copy_zpsehepjihq.jpg

Hood%20copy_zpso6hdjpk9.jpg

Im re-doing my garage floor just because of this thread!

Can you spot a difference in these photos with the floor? :)

Looks good man! I purchased my 2016 Sport today from the factory. Hopefully I can prevent the front license plate from being installed.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So, we've been hearing a really light clunk / thunk when we pull out of our driveway. Sounds like it's coming from the driver's front side. It happens almost every time you restart the vehicle. It will happen turning, straight, around 4-5 mph.. Only happens once a drive. Anyone have any ideas what this could be?

The cowl also just started buzzing. I'm surprised they didn't fix this for 2016.. Whatever, it's got to go to the dealer for that it seems like.

Here are some new pictures after being freshly detailed with my helper. :thumbsup:
A merle Sheltie?

Peter

Back