• Register Today It's free!

New 2017 Platinum Ordered

Dfred

Reaction score
City, State
Lexington, Ky
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Platinum
Well I bit the bullet last week and ordered a new 2017 Platinum..... Dealer said it would be here last week in July..... I got my doubts on that.... But hope it does..... Traded a 2013 Ford F-150 Limited on it....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congratulations and welcome to the Forum. :D

Peter

I put my order in for MY17 Platinum on 10/19 and my dealer had the VIN # by 10/21 Friday, because all order should be in before Thursday of any week. My 17 is in order processing and with built day of Sunday 11/13 with an ETA to dealer Monday 12/5. MAGNETIC GREY WITH BLACK INTERIOR. 55k with 12 miles per year 36m lease with taxes and first month and plate transfer with monthly $ 575.00 per month. sweet deal...

I just ordered a Magnetic Grey with Black interior on Thursday of last week. Have the order no. but nothing else so far.

Just came home with my new Platinum in White Gold. Sticker MRSP $62,039. Price including $750 rebate, $56,965. 48 month lease with 16k km/year. 48 month ESP $1500. Had the Winter tires installed before leaving but will have to get new TPMS that will work with the new 4 tire display. Already added the 2" convex mirrors as well.

Peter

View attachment 93608

2017 Platinum3.JPG

2017 Platinum.JPG

2017 Platinum5.JPG

2017 Platinum2.JPG

I put my order in for MY17 Platinum on 10/19 and my dealer had the VIN # by 10/21 Friday, because all order should be in before Thursday of any week. My 17 is in order processing and with built day of Sunday 11/13 with an ETA to dealer Monday 12/5. MAGNETIC GREY WITH BLACK INTERIOR. 55k with 12 miles per year 36m lease with taxes and first month and plate transfer with monthly $ 575.00 per month. sweet deal...
That sounds like a crazy good price. I'm looking at 15k miles per year, 39 month lease and paying sales tax down, along with taxes and fees and the price is over $600. Curious how you got such a good monthly payment.

I have been with my dealer since 1998. He gave all the rebates to be and this is the final price.I was paying 550 on my 2014 ltd they took it back on the early bird return. And all i have to pay is taxes first month and plates transfer. and my payment will be 575.per month.

Just came home with my new Platinum in White Gold. Sticker MRSP $62,039. Price including $750 rebate, $56,965. 48 month lease with 16k km/year. 48 month ESP $1500. Had the Winter tires installed before leaving but will have to get new TPMS that will work with the new 4 tire display. Already added the 2" convex mirrors as well.

Peter

View attachment 93608

View attachment 93609

View attachment 93610

View attachment 93611

View attachment 93612
NICE, BUT THE WINTER TIRES WITH THOSE RIMS JUST DON'T LOOK RIGHT WITH THE PLATINUM. CAN YOU PUT THE TIRES ON THE PLATINUM WHEELS ? SORRY BUT THE WHEEL KILLS THE PLATINUM, AND FOR THAT AMOUNT OF $$. I WOULD WANT NICE RIMS ON IT. I KNOW YOU LIVE IN CANADA AND SNOW BUT I LIVE IN NJ AND IT SNOWS HERE ALSO, AND I WON'T PUT THOSE ON MINE. SORRY NO PUN INTENDED...ALSO WHY DID MY COMMENT GET MOVED, ISN'T THIS A FREE VOICE FORUM ?

NICE, BUT THE WINTER TIRES WITH THOSE RIMS JUST DON'T LOOK RIGHT WITH THE PLATINUM. CAN YOU PUT THE TIRES ON THE PLATINUM WHEELS ? SORRY BUT THE WHEEL KILLS THE PLATINUM, AND FOR THAT AMOUNT OF $$. I WOULD WANT NICE RIMS ON IT. I KNOW YOU LIVE IN CANADA AND SNOW BUT I LIVE IN NJ AND IT SNOWS HERE ALSO, AND I WON'T PUT THOSE ON MINE. SORRY NO PUN INTENDED...ALSO WHY DID MY COMMENT GET MOVED, ISN'T THIS A FREE VOICE FORUM ?
Tires won't fit on the 20" rims since they are 18". I don't mind the look as function is more important to me than looks for the next few months. Besides, where are you going to get other wheels for $88 each. It isn't the snow that affects the aluminum/alloy wheels, it is all the salt and sand grit that is used. With the steelies there is no worry about constantly cleaning them. Just drive and forget
Thread was moved to this "Order Status" sub forum since that is the appropriate one for it.

Peter

Tires won't fit on the 20" rims since they are 18". I don't mind the look as function is more important to me than looks for the next few months. Besides, where are you going to get other wheels for $88 each. It isn't the snow that affects the aluminum/alloy wheels, it is all the salt and sand grit that is used. With the steelies there is no worry about constantly cleaning them. Just drive and forget
Thread was moved to this "Order Status" sub forum since that is the appropriate one for it.

Peter

I actually like the steelies, they remind me of the old sedan police cars from the 70's like on Adam-12.

Looks are subjective and you may not like it, but others don't really care; as I also have black steel rims for my winter set.
As Peter commented, every vehicle on the road will look like crap (I wash my vehicle weekly and can't keep it clean during the winters), from the salt, dirt and grime from the roads and who's going to care what the tires looks like?

Peter

Probably fair to say, you're the first in Ottawa with a White Gold Platinum?
Is that $56,965 OTR with taxes and fees?

Probably fair to say, you're the first in Ottawa with a White Gold Platinum?
Is that $56,965 OTR with taxes and fees?
Since I lease, the taxes are paid on the monthly payments. It included all fees and other taxes applicable. I actually saw 2 other White Gold Platinums around the small town I live in but it could have been the same I saw twice since the first sighting was at night.

Peter

Hi all,

I've ordered my explorer a couple weeks ago and I have the order number and dealer number but can't locate the information Ford's tracking site. Can anybody help me out if i give them the info? I am in Toronto CanadaThanks,

Thanks

Joe

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi all,

I've ordered my explorer a couple weeks ago and I have the order number and dealer number but can't locate the information Ford's tracking site. Can anybody help me out if i give them the info? I am in Toronto CanadaThanks,

Thanks

Joe
Welcome to the Forum Joe. If you send that info you have to FordService via a PM they should be able to give you an updates. It is likely still too early to get an info off any sites.

Peter

Back