New 33" meats...finally! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New 33" meats...finally!

After selling the Ford Ranger, I was crying over the fact that I had to run wimpy 31" MT/Rs after running taller 33" tires for the past 3 years. Once you go from a taller tire to a smaller tire, you notice it. You suddenly get the "little man syndrome." Well, here's the combo... I'm very happy with the purchase too!

How much? $130 per tire - I ordered 4. Mounted and balanced on 4 American Racing "Slider" wheels which cost $123 each.

ar_slider.jpg

American Racing "Slider" wheels [15x8"]

trxusplyrate.jpg

Interco TrXuS MT [33"x12.5"r15"]

I'll tell all of you how these work in Johnson Valley on Saturday!:cool:

-Ken

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My buddy just got those tires in a 35" size and they are nice. Run real quiet on the street compared to others and has nice siping and traction.

Nice!...where did you get thoes at that price? thats pretty decent

Yes where did you get them there tires at them there price???

Want to hear how well they do! :D

want to see pics on the truck....

Originally posted by Premier
Want to hear how well they do! :D
I drove from Riverside to Corona this evening to show THUNDERHORSE what the whole enchillada now looks like. With a 4" lift and the 33.0" O.D. TrXuS, my Jeep's headlights now sit level to THUNDERHORSES headlights. THUNDERHORSE runs a '92 4 door XLT w/a 5" Superlift and 33" BFG AT/KOs.

One more thing, I lined up the TrXuS MT next to a half worn BFG AT (both tires mounted to wheels mind you), next to my wife's 31" BFG AT/KO (passenger tire rear). Her 31" loaded BFG was 2" shorter than the unloaded 33" BFG AT. The 33" TrXuS MT stood 2" taller than the BFG AT. With a stiffer sidewall (thanks to the meaty sidewall lugs), this tire will provide a taller O.D. (overall diameter) when mounted. Its a big 33" tire, it drove quietly on the pavement (like an All-Terrain tire), but then again, my 32" TSL-SXs drove quietly on the pavement. But, once I tallied up 10,000 mi. on those SX's, they roared loudly!

-Ken

Originally posted by jimabena74
want to see pics on the truck....
Jim,
I took several pictures today...parked in front of the house. Saturday, we're going to Johnson Valley for some fun in the sun. I'll click more photos, send the roll of film to be developed, and I'll get back a CD-Rom filled with the photos. From that, I'll resize and send you a photo.

The Jeep looks great. Driving down the freeway, these guys in a Subaru Outback stared and drooled for a couple of minutes, looking at the lower control arms, wheels, MTs, etc. I cleaned and detailed the whole rig, so, it looks ready for a car show...

-Ken

Here's the specs to guide all of you over to the TrXuS. I really think these are winners, and for the price, they're bound to catch on.

TrXuS Specs

-Ken

I might just have to switch brand loyalty... One Q first, how many miles are expected out of theese tires?

Id like to see the pics too. Appreciate it.

Ah my buddy got some pics posted in his gallery here are a few of the Trxxus Mt's 35"

585834270024.jpg

5858IM000038.jpg

His Gallery NAK4AF's pic gallery

Originally posted by Premier
One Q first, how many miles are expected out of theese tires?
I'm expecting between 30,000 and 35,000 miles before I hit the "wear bars" on the tire. I do approx. 2,000 mi. of driving each month, so, I'm looking at fall '05 I'll be thinking about a new set of tires...

-Ken

well my buddy stopped by after lunch today and we got some shots of the 35" Trxxus MT's on his Explorer

9485rearquarter.jpg

9485side_shot.jpg

Originally posted by Ken Cooke
Jack,

It sure looks cold up there. BRRRR!

-Ken

Can be I woke up this morning and it was -15 F.

send summa that snow and cold down here will 'ya? I'm in upstate NY right now and it was 61(F) today! MADNESS!!!

that the 5.5 inch lift w/the 3 in bl combo?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by 91'explorer 2wd
that the 5.5 inch lift w/the 3 in bl combo?

If you are referring to my Buddies Red Ex, the answer is no.

He has a 6" Skyjacker kit sitting on F150 coil spacers and a 1" body lift

Back