JAMayberry

Reaction score
City, State
Rustburg, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Sport
New '92 Explorer Sport 4X4 Owner

Hello Everyone,
I am a new member to the group. I have just purchased a '92 Explorer Sport 4x4 for my son's Christmas gift this year. He will be hitting the road soon, as he is going to be 16. I purchased the vehicle a few days ago for $1500. I have not had a chance to search this board yet. Here are some of the things that I will be trying to fix:
- Push button 4WD does not work. Previous owner says that it is probably the switch.
- Gas,Temperature and Tach gauges are not working
- Drivers power door lock is not working
- Power mirrors don't fully function (only moves one direction)
These are minor problems because it will be a while before the vehicle will be driven on a daily basis. Right now I am mainly focusing on cleaning it up and doing a little tuning on it.
I am looking forward to exploring this board in hopes of correcting these problems. Thanks, in advance, for all of the help!

John

All these things are common problems. Should be easy to fix. However, they can get pricey! That's why I have to climb under my truck to lock it into four wheel drive. Milk or car parts...I choose milk!

I had the same problem with my Four Wheel Drive switch... Just go down to the junk yard and pull one off of another old xploder... Take the whole Vent Assembly, it makes the process much easier... It'll probably run you $20 (That's what I paid)...

Back