New Addition to the Explorer Family | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Addition to the Explorer Family

Chamoru

Reaction score
City, State
Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Ford Explorer
Hello everybody I guess I'm the newest member of this awesome site I came across looking for answers....I'm still getting use to navigating to find some answers and pretty much know how to go about changing out the non-working Auto locking hubs on my 1994 XLT Explorer to Manual ones. Before I bought my "94, I was the proud owner of a 1993 XLT that a family member took without my knowlege and ended up wrecking beyond economical repair....the "93 has manual locking hubs with the manual 4 wheel shifter my question that I want to verify is can I take the manual hubs off the '93 and replace the auto hubs on the '94 without any problem....I'm thinking it wont be a problem but thought I'll ask before I start tearing into it this weekend...I know that info is in the forum somewhere but this is just my second day on the site and haven't gotten that far into it yet.......

Thanks Again for the site

Dean.......

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello everybody I guess I'm the newest member of this awesome site I came across looking for answers....I'm still getting use to navigating to find some answers and pretty much know how to go about changing out the non-working Auto locking hubs on my 1994 XLT Explorer to Manual ones. Before I bought my "94, I was the proud owner of a 1993 XLT that a family member took without my knowlege and ended up wrecking beyond economical repair....the "93 has manual locking hubs with the manual 4 wheel shifter my question that I want to verify is can I take the manual hubs off the '93 and replace the auto hubs on the '94 without any problem....I'm thinking it wont be a problem but thought I'll ask before I start tearing into it this weekend...I know that info is in the forum somewhere but this is just my second day on the site and haven't gotten that far into it yet.......

Thanks Again for the site

Dean.......

Did ya at least kick that 'family member' in the ass after the accident?! Man, that must have sucked big ones..!

Welcome to EF!

Did ya at least kick that 'family member' in the ass after the accident?! Man, that must have sucked big ones..!

He didn't fly through the windshield and kill someone or himself the only casulty was the tree he hit, he atleast had some sense to buckle up with all the beer bottles in my rig, so ya I got a chance to kick his ass once he sobered up, and knows he better pay me a visit when he gets his paycheck...he's a good kid and I think he learn his lesson....fingers cross :)

Back