New Airaid/MAC Performance Intake Kits for 4.0L SOHC | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Airaid/MAC Performance Intake Kits for 4.0L SOHC

Reaction score
City, State
North Richland Hills, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport Trac, Job 1
Two new intake kits are now available from Airaid and MAC Performance.

The Airaid kit is similar to the KKM kit in that no new intake tube is provided. Instead, Airaid has crafted a shield that mounts to the stock airbox bottom and seals against the hood. This should allow only fresh air to be pulled in. I have the kit but no airbox to finish the installation. The Airaid part number is 400-121, costs around $160, and is available from Martel Brothers .

Now, for the crown jewel of intakes. A long waiting period has finally ended with the release of the MAC Performance Air Induction Kit. As with all of their kits, the quality is second to none. Their air filter support bracket is much beefer than the Airaid's, and is painted a gloss black verses the Airaid's flat black finish. The chrome intake tube and the silicone hose sleeves are much better quality than what was previously available from other sources. In short, this is by far the best looking and best quality intake currently available. It's also only $135 (p/n 3606) from our site sponsor Explorer Express. A full installation how-to is at Dead Link Removed. My KKM kit is now for sale because the MAC is staying on!

Both kits have CARB approval so are 50 state legal. You can see the entire MAC Performance line at http://www.macperformance.com/2003 catalog.pdf or visit Airaid at http://www.airaid.com/.

ENJOY!

Dead Link Removed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

aldive, are you a moron? he has links to it all over his post

and if it isnt on the EE site, he listed a part # so you can probably call them on the phone and order it or email them saying i want p/n xxxx....

Originally posted by jimabena74
aldive, are you a moron? he has links to it all over his post

Yes I reckon I am... follow the link to EE and YOU, the non moron, shoew me, pleasse.

Thank you....

go to online catalog, then intake, there u go :D

Originally posted by jssong
go to online catalog, then intake, there u go :D

Thanks, and you didn't even have to call me a moron.....

never.. on the contrary.. uve done some important stuff to help people on this forum..and EEs site isnt the most easily navigatable(not even a word probably. so im a moron).

EE has old info on this intake. The intake tube has been updated and the kit now works on 4.0L SOHC 2001-3 Sport Trac, 1999-2001 Explorer, and 2001-2 Ranger.

the mac air intake systems are very nice and priced well . we sell a lot of the f150 and chevy truck kits . you won't be disappointed with this system .

Back