New Aluminum Sport Pedals | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

All the rubber is removed from the pedals and then the metal is drilled with template and new pedals are bolted directly to pedal for perfect fit and function.

Thanks for the info! Is the gas pedal the same?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes. They all bolt directly to metal pedal without rubber attached

Hello all,

I just spoke with Chip from PerformancePedals.

He is willing to give us a discount if I can have at least 10 people from this forum get in on the purchase. Actually 9, since I am already going to purchase a set once we hit the magic number.

We talked about how the install will go on the 2011+ Explorer Models.

I am going to start a new thread on this.

If you are serious about ordering after reading the new thread please PM me.

I will give details about the deal via PM.

Buzz

PerformancePedals.Com Deal

Hello All,

Chip at Performancepedals.com is willing to deal with us on a group purchase for our 2011+ Explorers.

http://www.performancepedals.com/fordpedals/fordexplorerpedals.html

We need 9 other people to get in on the purchase in order to get the discount.

Discount % and codes for the purchase via his website will be given via PM through me.

Chip explained that we will received a Gas, Brake, E-Brake and Dead Pedal.

The Gas and Dead Pedal will use Scalloped Screws that will be screwed directly into the existing material of the Gas and Dead material. I just looked at my stock Gas pedal and I can see why this is like that. It doesn't look like a removable item.

If you are worried about the thickness of the gas pedal after the install, you shouldn't be too alarmed. The Satin pedal is roughly 1/8 inch thick and the other Block and Grid finish is roughly a little thicker at 3/16 inch.

The Brake and E-Brake have easy to remove rubber covers. The main Brake will require drilling (4) 3/16 inch holes which will secure the new Pedal via a cold roll steel backing plate. The E-Brake will require (2) 3/16 inch holes.

There is an install page with more detailed instructions with pics:

http://www.performancepedals.com/installation.html

Expect 8-10 Days for delivery on the NON ANODIZING Sets

Expect 3-4 Weeks on the ANODIZING Sets

Custom Corvette Accessories is the Parent Company of PerformancePedals.Com

Let me know!

Buzz

Do you have an idea at what kind of discount we are looking at?

2 and a half months, im shocked that this thread hasnt went anywhere. looks like performance pedals is going to be getting the business.

Chip emailed me today and said it was ok to announce the discount on the forum.

It will be 20% once we have atleast 10 orders.

Buzz

Boy sounds like this will be a case of "you snooze you loose" for someone else...

You all will be happen you went with PP..
They are great..high quality, Greta fit, great look

I think it's time to hedge my bets unless [MENTION=242229]LakersCentral[/MENTION] makes some serious headway soon (No offense brother, we know it's not you!).

Well I appreciate y'all holdin tight. If you decide to wait a bit longer, you'll be saving $50+ for the same high quality pedals at an exact custom fit to the 5th gen Exs.

Anthony at Autovation said he'll be getting back to me in a couple days. Trust me... I'm not defending how long it has taken! BUT I have put quite a bit of time and effort into making this happen for us all!

Well I appreciate y'all holdin tight. If you decide to wait a bit longer, you'll be saving $50+ for the same high quality pedals at an exact custom fit to the 5th gen Exs.

Anthony at Autovation said he'll be getting back to me in a couple days. Trust me... I'm not defending how long it has taken! BUT I have put quite a bit of time and effort into making this happen for us all!

I'm still with you on this one brother, dont want to sound cheap but I want get the best deal possible.

This mod is not a must, truck still drives fine without then, so in my case no problems waiting.

Too bad he is not including the black with silver countersink our your be able to count me in.

Ok I misread the website. Is any combo on their website up for the group buy. I want the black with countersink, which is 40 more. I guess I pick the rigid and then the black anodized. If I can that with discount, count me in.

Final Price is 20% off.

corpflyboy - which style are you getting? I was leaning towards the grid, wonder if the surface is too agressive? The satin looks slippery, and I just don't like the block.

corpflyboy - which style are you getting? I was leaning towards the grid, wonder if the surface is too agressive? The satin looks slippery, and I just don't like the block.

Black grid with silver counter sink.

As in the picture just below the main pic to the left...the picture desciption does not state that it is the grid, but it is.

I just hope the black anodizing is not a wear item that fades from use.

http://www.performancepedals.com/fordpedals/fordexplorerpedals.html

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm still with you on this one brother, dont want to sound cheap but I want get the best deal possible.

This mod is not a must, truck still drives fine without then, so in my case no problems waiting.

Ditto [MENTION=242229]LakersCentral[/MENTION] I've stuck around with you this long...what's another couple weeks?

Good luck Brother!

Back