New Aluminum Sport Pedals | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

<--grabbing some popcorn and kicking up his legs.

This should be a fun ride.

That's quite unnecessary @corpflyboy. It was disreputable of you in the first place to jack this thread to take business to a competitor. And now you laugh at our misfortune?

People don't appreciate this behavior- you hurt the community by causing division. If Autovation never works out, it would have been to everyone's advantage to allow alternate manufacturers to compete for the business, and then take the entire group as a whole to one manufacturer, and thus getting a larger group buy discount.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

People don't appreciate this behavior- you hurt the community by causing division. If Autovation never works out, it would have been to everyone's advantage to allow alternate manufacturers to compete for the business, and then take the entire group as a whole to one manufacturer, and thus getting a larger group buy discount.

People dont appreciate getting strung along for months without results.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmHeP9Sve48&sns=em

Late, but clearly not too late...

I'm in!

Is the group buy still open? I would like to get in if possible. I've had good experience with Autovation products on two different vehicles...sometimes a bit slow on service, but products are always great quality.

I have a question on these pedals. Do you really have to replace the entire accelerator assembly unit? I realize you said the entire install was about 30 minutes, but I just wanted to confirm before I purchased these. Years ago I purchased aluminum pedals for my Cadillac CTS-V. The brake pedal was just a slip-on pad but the accelerator was the entire assembly unit and the dealership and to take apart the steering wheel linkage and a bunch of other parts near the firewall to get the job done. They had the car for several days and I can't imagine doing the job myself. I assume the assembly that comes with this pedal set is just plug and play?

Thanks!!

Tony

I have a question on these pedals. Do you really have to replace the entire accelerator assembly unit? I realize you said the entire install was about 30 minutes, but I just wanted to confirm before I purchased these. Years ago I purchased aluminum pedals for my Cadillac CTS-V. The brake pedal was just a slip-on pad but the accelerator was the entire assembly unit and the dealership and to take apart the steering wheel linkage and a bunch of other parts near the firewall to get the job done. They had the car for several days and I can't imagine doing the job myself. I assume the assembly that comes with this pedal set is just plug and play?

Thanks!!

Tony

Tony, forget about the CTS-V nightmare. A drill and some patience and you will have the performance pedals installed without any hassle other than some broken drill bits. You will not have to remove the pedals from the vehicle. The brake and ebrake have rubber covers that will need to be removed and placed in the garbage or glove compartment. Hope this helps.

Buzz

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=406814

Where are things with this?? Is this a dead thread/deal? Ordering was to open on June 25 according to last update...

Unfortunately, after much hard work to make this happen, I have all but given up on Autovation.

Anthony, who I believe is now the sole proprietor, was very difficult to communicate with. Multiple emails and phone calls where often not returned. When he did email back, it was months later. I am only left to guess why. He had sold pedals on eBay, but according to his feedback page, he has only sold one set in the last 8 months. I am guessing he is out of business (something I suppose is due in part to his poor communication skills).

I wish I had better news, and I am looking into alternatives. I still want a set of nice pedals at a decent cost. However, it hasn't been an encouraging journey.

Thanks for the update LakersCentral. Interesting information which kind of leads one to suspect that beyond his communication skills, he is a one man show and the cost is higher than we were originally led to believe. It may be that the price the other manufacturer (Sorry I can't recall their name.) is charging is more realistic, even if it is less palatable. Like most, I looked at those with the intent to buy and was forced to evaluate whether I really wanted them when confronted by the price. Maybe there is a way to negotiate a group buy price with them that all interested parties can stomach...

Sport pedals for Explorer Sport

Thought this was a nice touch that should have been original equipment: sport pedals. There was a thread here once a couple years back about this, so if Peter finds it, he may merge this one. In any case, the OEM pedals from the Taurus SHO are a direct fit for the Explorer Sport...

Before and after pic:

wsuu5y.jpg

The Ford p/n for the complete kit is DG1Z-9G757-A, which ran about $90 shipped. They also offer some extra grip compared to the plain factory pedals and look great. The install took about 30 minutes (had to put the brake pedal cover in hot water for about ten of those to soften it up), but other than contorting oneself under the dash, it involves three T-25 screws & one electrical connector for the accelerator and a "slip-on" cover for the brake - real simple.

Here's what came in the box: accelerator pedal assembly, brake pedal cover, new mounting screws, and an instruction sheet.

24dosxh.jpg

Pretty straightforward, but any Q's, let me know!

Thought this was a nice touch that should have been original equipment: sport pedals. There was a thread here once a couple years back about this, so if Peter finds it, he may merge this one. In any case, the OEM pedals from the Taurus SHO are a direct fit for the Explorer Sport...
Done. :thumbsup:

Aluminum pedal facades

Well, with LMS 93 tune and my switch to Mobil 1 5w30, the "go" is pretty much where I want it, now for some "show". Remin real carbon fiber interior kits should be in tomorrow evening but in the meantime I came across some aluminum pedal facades on eBay sourced from China. The kit had 4 pieces but I only put on the gas and brake pedal. I plan to put on the dead pedal cover at some point but it needs to be cut to correctly fit the 2015, so that will have to wait until I get to my shop in NY. Not going to put on the ebrake cover. Less is more.

The gas pedal cover does not cover the full length of the pedal and I had to reshape the cover's contour (it had too much curvature). Ok for me because you don't notice the exposed pedal at the top and the short pedal looks right.

The brake pedal cover fit perfectly. I used my own (shorter) screws. You do have to drill the pedals to securely fasten the covers.

Sorry about the noisy cell phone pics. The pedals look great in person.

large.gif

large.gif

Looks good. Thanks for sharing!

Aluminum pedal facades

large.gif

I'm hacking Fred's post on page 7. He got pedals from China and had to some work to get them to fit. In any case, I like the look of these. They match the ones that show up on the Ford official accessory site... but of course I can't actually find the part for the 2017 Explorer (also tried 2016).

home-bg-interior.gif

I've never modified pedals before. Looks pretty easy to buy the kit and install them DIY. Hell I just did a full hardwire front and rear dashcam, so this should be easy. But I like the cosmetics of these pedals (above). Who makes these with the rubber filling the holes. The http://www.performancepedals.com/fordpedals/fordexplorerpedals.html site doesn't appear to fill them in with rubber contacts. Is there a reason for that? I'm a pedal noob.

Back