New APIM by Dealer but No Navigation enabled? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New APIM by Dealer but No Navigation enabled?

dogtag114

Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited
Hi All... new to forum... thanks for any help.

I just had my APIM replaced on a 2011 Explorer that previously had Navigation and now Navigation does not work... the dealer tech (per adviser on phone) said I "might have to buy a new map for it to work". The upper right says "information" not "Navigation" and there is a large Compass if that helps.

Can I enable this on my own? ...with my old map.

I did try and take my old map to the pc and the pc did no recognize any files... is this normal (not formatted for pc)?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
I'm not sure if the APIM can be programmed for navigation or not. The guys using FORScan might be able to comment on that. As fas I know, this has nothing to do with the maps. You have the wrong APIM or one that requires programming. Did you have it replaced by your Ford dealer? If so, take it back and have them 'fix' the issue.
The simple fact that it shows "Information" in the upper right means that you have no navigation, as you discovered.:(

Peter

If the vehicle left the factory with nav and now it says information the tech did not properly program the replacement APIM and I would be concerned other issues may be present. Take it back and have them do it the right way.

If the vehicle left the factory with nav and now it says information the tech did not properly program the replacement APIM and I would be concerned other issues may be present. Take it back and have them do it the right way.

Thanks... that’s what I thought... I’ll call them after Labor Day.

Everything Jason said.

You really have to wonder what kind of idiots dealers hire these days.

Back