New ATP (Garrett) turbo upgrades showed up today! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New ATP (Garrett) turbo upgrades showed up today!

EcoPowerParts

Reaction score
City, State
Phoenix, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Flex Ecoboost
Man these are awesome!
Can't wait to get them installed ASAP!!!

IMG_6396.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice! Now get to work putting these babies on!

Hopefully will be done, tuned and dyno'd within the next 72 hours. Just waiting for SCT to add my strategy to the "all ecoboost" package, my local guy is waiting AGAIN for them to add it. :(

Those are hot! Looking forward to your new dyno results

Hopefully will be done, tuned and dyno'd within the next 72 hours. Just waiting for SCT to add my strategy to the "all ecoboost" package, my local guy is waiting AGAIN for them to add it. :(

What is the strategy?

dmjk4at = box code FXV1 which does open in the custom tuning software (Advantage)

What do you mean by "my strategy". So far i scene a bunch of parts for the ecoboost explorer like intake, down pipe, cat back, tuner, thermostat, plugs. I even saw livernoise has piston and rods. What else is needed to do these new turbos safely

strategy = SCT tuning calibration, I can use SCT because I have a Flex. These turbos are going into my Flex (first set, I'm the guinea pig). Boostking works for SCT so he was trying to help me to make sure that the "all ecoboost" SCT package included my ECU strategy.

The strategy is actually the unique calibration code for your vehicle's PCM. Basically its the Ford factory tune calibration id. We use these to identify the unit calibrations that are on these vehicles. Even vehicles made the same year, with the same engine, have different calibrations. So my Explorer Sport may have a different Ford calibration than the next Explorer Sport. Some vehicles have 10 or more different Ford OEM calibrations and each model year generally changes this as well. When Ford updates your vehicle, they are updating the "stock tune".

We use this as a way of correctly identifying and flashing the correct calibrations for custom tuning.

So in theory if the tunes are all different, buying a pre set tuner isn't really a good bet then actually going to a place to tune it. Cause I scene the tuners that you list the mod on the car and type of gas that's going to be use and they send you a tuner that's set for flashing. I wouldn't think it would be safe to do it that way especially if you're really upgrading turbos and a lot more

The preloaded tuners are actually loaded with tunes for each strategy. So while the end user may not see that happening, when you use the preloaded tunes with SCT, the device matches the tune to the strategy of that vehicle, not just the type of vehicle and the engine. It is quite specific in that regard. This is why when Ford releases new updates, some times it takes a little while to release our update to "add support" for these new strategies.

Any progress pictures of the install?

The preloaded tuners are actually loaded with tunes for each strategy. So while the end user may not see that happening, when you use the preloaded tunes with SCT, the device matches the tune to the strategy of that vehicle, not just the type of vehicle and the engine. It is quite specific in that regard. This is why when Ford releases new updates, some times it takes a little while to release our update to "add support" for these new strategies.

Any progress pictures of the install?
Turbos were taken off yesterday, I'm going down today to take pics of the reinstall and as we clean up some previous work we did including removing the red and blue loom that we had to use during the fuel pump install as it was the only thing we could find. :D

Turbos are in, we went out to do some tuning driving and first ran into a boost leak due to a badly placed clamp and then immediately ran into the ECU not liking the car trying to hit 27PSI. The car at part throttle is a BEAST! It pulls harder at part throttle than it did at WOT previously.
We'll be tuning and dynoing this week.

Back