• Register Today It's free!

New audio package up for review

Cartman

Reaction score
City, State
Waterloo, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 Sport
I've picked out a system for my '96 sport and would like some comments on what I've chosen.
Pioneer DEH 4300 head unit - 22 Watts RMS, 2 - 2 volt preouts.
Pioneer TS-a6865 speakers front and rear
Pioneer X352 amp
Pioneer 10" sub

I wasn't planning on going all Pioneer but it worked out that way. For the sub I'm thinking a 12x12x10 inch MDF box, is this a good size? Any problems or ways to make the system better, bear in mind i'm doing this on a budget so an $800 head unit would be sweet but not going to happen.
I'm trying for sound quality over noise and will amp the 4 speakers later if needed.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Put that amp on your 4 speakers and get a better sub and amp for the sub. If you are going for "sound quality over noise" you need to look else where for your bottom end. The pioneer sub isn't gonna give you anything but noise. I'd keep looking around for better options. It's better to spend more now then buy equipment that you aren't pleased with and spend more later. Find awesome service and prices at www.thezeb.com

Steve

around how much is your budget? you dont have to spend a fortune to get great sound. but you really shouldn't go with that setup.
i agree with everything steve said.

I'm looking to spend about $1000 Canadian or about $700 US. If I go with the pioneer head unit and 4 speakers then I have about $400 Canadian left, can I get a good sub for that.
Any problems with the head unit and door speakers, I'll probalby get them then add the sub later.

I agree with mrsteve. You should not use that amp/sub combination, bcuz you will be dissapointed. You should save your money and think about buying something a little nicer.

i got a pioneer headunit i'm willing to sell..pioneer premier deh-720 3 volt preout..$230 US..i'll pay for ship/h

if you want some good SQ that hits hard go to this link:
http://thezeb.com/caraudio/orion.html

the Orion Cobalt CS100.2 is $103.75 (amp)
the Orion XTR 12s SVC is $99.88 (12" sub)
. or
the Orion XTR 10s SVC is $79.88 (10" sub)

this amp and sub combo will sound great and hit pretty hard. the amp has very clean output (100db sig./noise ratio)
the subwoofers are very efficient with a high sensitivity.

for $200 or less, it think this is a great combo. and will sound 1000X better than the pioneer amp/sub combo.

Thanks for the advice, zeb has some great prices but what are they like for service and support of their products.
Second question, I've been told there is no duty on car parts coming across the Canada - US border, does car audio count, I tend to doubt it but maybe:)

The Zeb has great service. I have heard of people trying to avoid shipping car audio to Canada because of the extra duties required, although I'm not 100% sure.

Steve

Back