new Blackjack pics | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

new Blackjack pics

Thanks to Rick and all the moderators who make this such a fantastic site ;)

In case you're slow (or just don't want to read the entire thread) Blackjack was totaled by foreign POS mother #$@%er who didn't know how to yield on November 14, 2007. He rolled into a gas station parking lot and his body was crushed, but he saved my life in the process. In return for that, I've saved everything that I could scavenge so I can save HIS life. He has a CHP 347, rebuilt 4r70w with Baumann shift kit, Ford Racing BD-11 supercharger kit, and a RideTech parallel four link all waiting for installation :) Here's his original thread post:

Blackjack: Born February 16,1998 in Louisville, Ky. Rescued from Koons Chevy March 20-something, 2000 with 33,333 miles on the Odometer. Couldn't think of any good names and then I heard 'Blackjack' while listening to Brooks and Dunn's Boot Scootin' Boogie. He's been 'Jack' or "f#%^&$ pain in my @$$!" since then. His favorite hobbies are eating money and hunting Blazers, and he enjoys playing pranks (dropping hood on my head, chewing on his power steering rack, mystery squeaks, randomly starting himself up, etc).

All factory options, including 4.0 SOHC, limited slip diff, 4:10 gears, skidplates (on ExplornJ's truck now), sunroof, cass/cd player and changer, leather, blah blah.

Exterior mods:
~Ford Platinum color racing stripes (2 10" stripes, 2" space)
~Ventshades
~Lund Windjammer (painted to match)
~Sport Truck dual fog/driving (SMURF LIGHTS)
~Black Euro III Altezzas w/ cut up slotted tail covers
~20% Tinted Windows all around
~Doetsch Tech Nitro Slammer shocks
~Hella LED sidemarkers
~GT emblem from a 94-98 Mustang
~Explorer Express Rear sway bar
~Truck performance front sway bar bushings
~Diamond clear headlights and corners w/ blue chrome bulbs
~Shortened EB (running board delete option) side skirts

Interior mods:
~Aluminum dash kit by Exotic Wood dash
~Pioneer DEH CD head unit
~Pioneer 6 disk CD changer
~1 pair Pioneer 3ways up front
~1 pair Pioneer 2ways in rear
~2 JL Audio 10w6's in a custom box (replaced with 2 Kicker Vcomp's, thanks for blowing my subs, Meatball :fire: )
~1 Kenwood 729 S amp
~1 pair Pioneer 1" dome tweeters in B pillars
~1 pair Pioneer 3/4" Tweeters in front doors
~Custom MMRUSA "Sport GT" silver/white gauge faces
~Carbon fiber dash bezel
~Cold Cathode Blue neons

Engine mods:
~Valet Remote start/ custom alarm
~KKM
~Flowmaster 50 single straightback
~Taylor Spiro Sparkplug wires

Wheels and tires:
~Foose Nitrous 20x8 and 20x10, grey
~Toyo Proxes 255/50 and 295/45
~1/2" aluminum front spacers w/ extended lugs

The kinda sorta mods:
~lowered approximately 2" via TT and monoleaf block flip
~Brown wire mod, full 2wd hi/low (Yanked the front 4x4 in 2006, the hell with that mod :D)
~Throttle cable zipties
~Chopped front bumpstops
~Mr. Bat (gave up on replacing blown hood shocks. It's a Das Frem thing, you wouldn't understand)

I run Mobil 1 Synthetic 5w30 and only use Ford filters (Fram ones sometimes knock)

Guestimated 215-220 Horsepower when he was younger, 15.5 seconds 1/4 mile at Cecil County Dragway.

DSCN2168_Small_.jpg

Here's some links to other things I've done with the ol' boy:
Bullitt Rims
Stereo and lights

Truck of the Week, Baby!
Sep1120060854.jpg

Blackjack and Red, my best friend Brennan's rig:
rigs.jpg

Attachments

• 26 copy.jpg
    26 copy.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 8,293
  • Old jack mini copy.jpg
    Old jack mini copy.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 7,834

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Come to chicago and drive down any of the surrounding interstates or highways for that matter.... you've never seen so much rust going down the interstate.... 20 over the limit.... in a construction zone.... crossing 3 lanes with no turn signal to get in the ipass lane... during rush hour.

People that do the speed limit are a hazard around here.

LOL, I think I'll pass, thanks. Porter still seems convinced that this is an all original block that's been exceptionally well taken care of. Today we pulled the pan, heads, pistons and rods, which all appear to be in great shape (no copper showing on the bearings at all!), but the timing chain and harmonic balancer are wasted. No biggie, I'm planning on replacing just about everything anyway. It's just going to take me a long @$$ time to get it done since I can only afford one part at a time :rolleyes: Unless 2 grand falls from the sky, this is going to end up as a bored .30 over 306 with a strong cam, beefier intakes and bigger heads. Ah well, better than a dying SOHC, right?

306? That's not even worth it is it? I would bite the bullet and just bore it out to 331 or whatever. Something more significant than 4ci more anyway. Would you even notice a difference at all from 4ci?

Not bad for a ten year old truck I guess.....
and if you hunt around enough you might be able to find a budget 331 stroker kit.

Not bad for a ten year old truck I guess.....
and if you hunt around enough you might be able to find a budget 331 stroker kit.

I've been hunting for almost a year now and the only kits I've found that I can afford are no-name varieties... I don't wanna take a chance on them. If you happen across any, though, feel free to point them out :D

Brian, I keep hearing from coworkers that stroking is not worth the horsepower for the thousands it's going to cost me (it's around $900 for a good 331 kit and about a $1,000 to have the block stroked and set up by a professional shop). To be honest, boring it .30 over isn't really worth the effort either but since it's going to be cleaned and checked I figure it won't hurt.

Anybody who's ever had "the striped discussion" with me (it involves me trying to put racing stripes on everything) will understand why this cartoon is ridiculously funny :D

Stripe_by_kris_wilson.jpg

I can never tell which vehicle of yours is Morgan, or BlackJack, or Steve, or Finklestein (or whatever) :confused:

I can never tell which vehicle of yours is Morgan, or BlackJack, or Steve, or Finklestein (or whatever) :confused:

I think I'm going to call your truck "Kitty" from now on. Ala 'Hello Kitty' :D Did you ever put your pink diff cover on?

Pfft, I posted shots of the new rims everywhere but in the thread they should be in, lol. :rolleyes:

DSCN2177_Small_.JPG

DSCN2168_Small_.JPG

Blackjack and big brother Morgan (after the new paintjob) :)
DSCN2170_Small_.JPG

way way way too sweet lookin' Lindz'
Ya bringing Jack to the M&G Next week right ?

way way way too sweet lookin' Lindz'
Ya bringing Jack to the M&G Next week right ?

Definitely :)

Besides, the doctor tells me that I have to keep from jarring my hip until it's fully healed... which means no jumping, stomping, throwing or twisting. All of which are required to drive Morgan :rolleyes:

Besides, the doctor tells me that I have to keep from jarring my hip until it's fully healed...

Ok, Ill bite. What happened.

Did Omar go to hard on you. :eek:

Ok, Ill bite. What happened.

Did Omar go to hard on you. :eek:

Maaaaan, if you only knew the heartache that numnut has caused me...! No, it wasn't Omar or even the friend who helped me 'christen' Morgan that caused the damage. Two weeks ago I went rafting in a shallow local river and busted my tail on a rather obnoxious bolder. Apparently I have hereditary degenerative bone disease, which unbeknownst to me had caused certain nerves to grow away from where they should be. And I happened to nail the spot they were growing through. So Lindsy no walkie for a few days.

And now I can't feel my right butt cheek. Happy? :p:

Apparently I have hereditary degenerative bone disease, which unbeknownst to me had caused certain nerves to grow away from where they should be. And I happened to nail the spot they were growing through. So Lindsy no walkie for a few days.

And now I can't feel my right butt cheek. Happy? :p:

in other words..... she likes it in the butt :D

Well I'll try to make your back feel a lil better here--
your 306 will wake up that lil ol sporto--

you might even be able to keep up with my 4 door--

Sorry to hear about your rear end troubles--gravity sucks huh?

Back