• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

new Blackjack pics

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Spas

Explorer addict
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Freakland, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Sport

Spas

Explorer addict
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Freakland, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Sport
Come to chicago and drive down any of the surrounding interstates or highways for that matter.... you've never seen so much rust going down the interstate.... 20 over the limit.... in a construction zone.... crossing 3 lanes with no turn signal to get in the ipass lane... during rush hour.

People that do the speed limit are a hazard around here.
LOL, I think I'll pass, thanks. Porter still seems convinced that this is an all original block that's been exceptionally well taken care of. Today we pulled the pan, heads, pistons and rods, which all appear to be in great shape (no copper showing on the bearings at all!), but the timing chain and harmonic balancer are wasted. No biggie, I'm planning on replacing just about everything anyway. It's just going to take me a long @$$ time to get it done since I can only afford one part at a time :rolleyes: Unless 2 grand falls from the sky, this is going to end up as a bored .30 over 306 with a strong cam, beefier intakes and bigger heads. Ah well, better than a dying SOHC, right?

briwayjones

Manual Master
Reaction score
City, State
Eldersburg, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Ford Explorer XLS
306? That's not even worth it is it? I would bite the bullet and just bore it out to 331 or whatever. Something more significant than 4ci more anyway. Would you even notice a difference at all from 4ci?

1996xlt

Reaction score
City, State
South Mills, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 F150 XLT 2WD
Not bad for a ten year old truck I guess.....
and if you hunt around enough you might be able to find a budget 331 stroker kit.

Spas

Explorer addict
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Freakland, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Sport
Not bad for a ten year old truck I guess.....
and if you hunt around enough you might be able to find a budget 331 stroker kit.
I've been hunting for almost a year now and the only kits I've found that I can afford are no-name varieties... I don't wanna take a chance on them. If you happen across any, though, feel free to point them out :D

Brian, I keep hearing from coworkers that stroking is not worth the horsepower for the thousands it's going to cost me (it's around $900 for a good 331 kit and about a $1,000 to have the block stroked and set up by a professional shop). To be honest, boring it .30 over isn't really worth the effort either but since it's going to be cleaned and checked I figure it won't hurt.

Last edited:

Spas

Explorer addict
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Freakland, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Sport
Anybody who's ever had "the striped discussion" with me (it involves me trying to put racing stripes on everything) will understand why this cartoon is ridiculously funny :D

IZwack

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Germantown, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ford Explorer
I can never tell which vehicle of yours is Morgan, or BlackJack, or Steve, or Finklestein (or whatever) :confused:

Spas

Explorer addict
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Freakland, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Sport
I can never tell which vehicle of yours is Morgan, or BlackJack, or Steve, or Finklestein (or whatever) :confused:
I think I'm going to call your truck "Kitty" from now on. Ala 'Hello Kitty' :D Did you ever put your pink diff cover on?

Spas

Explorer addict
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Freakland, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Sport
Pfft, I posted shots of the new rims everywhere but in the thread they should be in, lol. :rolleyes:

Blackjack and big brother Morgan (after the new paintjob) :)

MONMIX

I fix dents
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Millersville , Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer Sport
way way way too sweet lookin' Lindz'
Ya bringing Jack to the M&G Next week right ?

Spas

Explorer addict
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Freakland, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Sport
way way way too sweet lookin' Lindz'
Ya bringing Jack to the M&G Next week right ?
Definitely :)

Besides, the doctor tells me that I have to keep from jarring my hip until it's fully healed... which means no jumping, stomping, throwing or twisting. All of which are required to drive Morgan :rolleyes:

sn0border88

Master Apprentice
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Souderton, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT
Besides, the doctor tells me that I have to keep from jarring my hip until it's fully healed...
Ok, Ill bite. What happened.

Did Omar go to hard on you. :eek:

Spas

Explorer addict
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Freakland, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Sport
Ok, Ill bite. What happened.

Did Omar go to hard on you. :eek:
Maaaaan, if you only knew the heartache that numnut has caused me...! No, it wasn't Omar or even the friend who helped me 'christen' Morgan that caused the damage. Two weeks ago I went rafting in a shallow local river and busted my tail on a rather obnoxious bolder. Apparently I have hereditary degenerative bone disease, which unbeknownst to me had caused certain nerves to grow away from where they should be. And I happened to nail the spot they were growing through. So Lindsy no walkie for a few days.

And now I can't feel my right butt cheek. Happy? :p:

Skunk

2/1974-4/2015 RIP
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Freeland, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 SAS X, 94 3000GT VR-4
Apparently I have hereditary degenerative bone disease, which unbeknownst to me had caused certain nerves to grow away from where they should be. And I happened to nail the spot they were growing through. So Lindsy no walkie for a few days.

And now I can't feel my right butt cheek. Happy? :p:
in other words..... she likes it in the butt :D

Turdle

Habla tortuga
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Humboldt, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Mounty
Well I'll try to make your back feel a lil better here--
your 306 will wake up that lil ol sporto--

you might even be able to keep up with my 4 door--

Sorry to hear about your rear end troubles--gravity sucks huh?

Skunk

2/1974-4/2015 RIP
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Freeland, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 SAS X, 94 3000GT VR-4
Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.