new Blackjack pics | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

new Blackjack pics

Thanks to Rick and all the moderators who make this such a fantastic site ;)

In case you're slow (or just don't want to read the entire thread) Blackjack was totaled by foreign POS mother #$@%er who didn't know how to yield on November 14, 2007. He rolled into a gas station parking lot and his body was crushed, but he saved my life in the process. In return for that, I've saved everything that I could scavenge so I can save HIS life. He has a CHP 347, rebuilt 4r70w with Baumann shift kit, Ford Racing BD-11 supercharger kit, and a RideTech parallel four link all waiting for installation :) Here's his original thread post:

Blackjack: Born February 16,1998 in Louisville, Ky. Rescued from Koons Chevy March 20-something, 2000 with 33,333 miles on the Odometer. Couldn't think of any good names and then I heard 'Blackjack' while listening to Brooks and Dunn's Boot Scootin' Boogie. He's been 'Jack' or "f#%^&$ pain in my @$$!" since then. His favorite hobbies are eating money and hunting Blazers, and he enjoys playing pranks (dropping hood on my head, chewing on his power steering rack, mystery squeaks, randomly starting himself up, etc).

All factory options, including 4.0 SOHC, limited slip diff, 4:10 gears, skidplates (on ExplornJ's truck now), sunroof, cass/cd player and changer, leather, blah blah.

Exterior mods:
~Ford Platinum color racing stripes (2 10" stripes, 2" space)
~Ventshades
~Lund Windjammer (painted to match)
~Sport Truck dual fog/driving (SMURF LIGHTS)
~Black Euro III Altezzas w/ cut up slotted tail covers
~20% Tinted Windows all around
~Doetsch Tech Nitro Slammer shocks
~Hella LED sidemarkers
~GT emblem from a 94-98 Mustang
~Explorer Express Rear sway bar
~Truck performance front sway bar bushings
~Diamond clear headlights and corners w/ blue chrome bulbs
~Shortened EB (running board delete option) side skirts

Interior mods:
~Aluminum dash kit by Exotic Wood dash
~Pioneer DEH CD head unit
~Pioneer 6 disk CD changer
~1 pair Pioneer 3ways up front
~1 pair Pioneer 2ways in rear
~2 JL Audio 10w6's in a custom box (replaced with 2 Kicker Vcomp's, thanks for blowing my subs, Meatball :fire: )
~1 Kenwood 729 S amp
~1 pair Pioneer 1" dome tweeters in B pillars
~1 pair Pioneer 3/4" Tweeters in front doors
~Custom MMRUSA "Sport GT" silver/white gauge faces
~Carbon fiber dash bezel
~Cold Cathode Blue neons

Engine mods:
~Valet Remote start/ custom alarm
~KKM
~Flowmaster 50 single straightback
~Taylor Spiro Sparkplug wires

Wheels and tires:
~Foose Nitrous 20x8 and 20x10, grey
~Toyo Proxes 255/50 and 295/45
~1/2" aluminum front spacers w/ extended lugs

The kinda sorta mods:
~lowered approximately 2" via TT and monoleaf block flip
~Brown wire mod, full 2wd hi/low (Yanked the front 4x4 in 2006, the hell with that mod :D)
~Throttle cable zipties
~Chopped front bumpstops
~Mr. Bat (gave up on replacing blown hood shocks. It's a Das Frem thing, you wouldn't understand)

I run Mobil 1 Synthetic 5w30 and only use Ford filters (Fram ones sometimes knock)

Guestimated 215-220 Horsepower when he was younger, 15.5 seconds 1/4 mile at Cecil County Dragway.

DSCN2168_Small_.jpg

Here's some links to other things I've done with the ol' boy:
Bullitt Rims
Stereo and lights

Truck of the Week, Baby!
Sep1120060854.jpg

Blackjack and Red, my best friend Brennan's rig:
rigs.jpg

Attachments

• 26 copy.jpg
    26 copy.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 8,294
  • Old jack mini copy.jpg
    Old jack mini copy.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 7,834

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

F14CRAZY said:
I suppose the question is...is your Sport an auto? :D

Unfortunately :( Ahh,I shouldn't gripe, my trans has been fantastic thus far in life. Glad I added the extra cooler way back when, never had any serious problems with it. I toyed with the idea of a T-5 when I do the swap this year, but I don't like the idea of missing a shift at the track... plus it'd be a total PITA to reflash the computer :p

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

I get to pick my shift points and you don't :p

Today is Jack's 8th birthday :)

I wonder if Zodiac signs apply to trucks too?

aww.. you love your truck as much as i love mine. great looking truck btw. as far as the stripes go, i think farther apart but the same width. but i do like the stripes, i've never seen an explorer(besides on this website) with stripes, so it definitely makes your truck more original. Then again, i havent seen a lifted explorer around me besides mine, but i know they exist not too far from me.

mynameisaric said:
aww.. you love your truck as much as i love mine. great looking truck btw. as far as the stripes go, i think farther apart but the same width. but i do like the stripes, i've never seen an explorer(besides on this website) with stripes, so it definitely makes your truck more original. Then again, i havent seen a lifted explorer around me besides mine, but i know they exist not too far from me.

Thanks for the compliment, your X is pretty nice looking too! -->has a soft spot for lifted 98's :D<-- I keep trying to get more Explorer owners to join the Stripey club but so far no dice.

nice truck spas... i got some nitro fishies.. you may want them.. but only if you crossed the water till you butt was wet.. i am thinking of join the stripey club but i suck at photoshoping and my work looks ugly to me.

Spas said:
Today is Jack's 8th birthday :)

I wonder if Zodiac signs apply to trucks too?

I have no clue Lindsy.

I think jack found himself a new girlfriend...seems like everytime I walk outside they're parked next to each other. Could you imagine if he got her knocked up?!

Aug1520061042.jpg

Spas said:
I think jack found himself a new girlfriend...seems like everytime I walk outside they're parked next to each other. Could you imagine if he got her knocked up?!

Jack just wants some of whats under her hood!

they make a cute lil couple. hopefully blackjack isn't too hurt when that pretty little thing leaves him for a new owner.

and as to the question "what if he knocked her up?" i think the answer would be similar to a porsche cayenne.

But the child that would result wouldnt have the room in back for the wild rampages of linds and Tawney (Sorry, it was a guy right? I mean Tewey :p )

(Im moving into the witness protection program)

stipes huh? maybe i should think about it......

Spas thats a kick ass sport u got there i really like a lot. It kicks major ass keep up the good work with it.

Spas said:
Could you imagine if he got her knocked up?!

Isnt that where your key chain came from ?

Spas, do you have any pics with you LED's and/or fogs on? What exactly are your "Smurf lights?"

Spas said:

Hmmm, I wonder what a Ford Explang would look like....

sn0border88 said:
But the child that would result wouldnt have the room in back for the wild rampages of linds and Tawney (Sorry, it was a guy right? I mean Tewey :p )

(Im moving into the witness protection program)

Micah, his name's Randy, you @$$. Tewey's twice my age lol. And I haven't put the back seats of any of my Explorers to the test. Yet. Now customer's Super Duties.... that's a different story ;) :p

MONMIX said:
Isnt that where your key chain came from ?

LMAO!!!! :D

Gryz, only one I have of my smurf lights is the same pic as my avatar.. I can take one of the lights up close if you want. They're just Sport Truck dual fog/driving lights- I think they're about $50 at any Pep boys or Autozone.

I can't seem to find the one picture I have somewhere on this board of the LED sidemarkers lit up, sorry!

Gryz said:
Spas, do you have any pics with you LED's and/or fogs on? What exactly are your "Smurf lights?"

attachment.php

Spas said:
Now customer's Super Duties.... that's a different story ;) :p

If I ever tow my X up to paragon, im hiding it and filling the bed with fishhooks. ;) :p

Reckon I should post in here when I do major things to Blackjack, huh?

About 4 weeks ago, on the same weekend we torched off the IFS off of Jack's much larger brother, Morgan, he apparently decided he wanted some attention too and promptly chewed up one of his CV's. Like I needed an excuse to yank out the damn front 4x4 and finally get rid of the bumpsteer that comes with being lowered :D

Except for getting yet another fubar remanufactured PS rack (I got a Ford one this time!! AND IT'S STILL NOT REMAN'D RIGHT!! Argh!) the ride is noticably softer in the front and much much much much much much much much much much much much much much better when hitting bumps, dips and potholes. The only thing left of the factory 4wd is the transfer case (to remove it would require a different driveshaft and tail housing... I can't justify it with the upcoming v8 swap) and the lower A-arms. Every 2wd piece including the rotors are brand new Ford schtuff. Have I mentioned how much nicer the handling is??? :D

Unfortunately, I had to get 1.25" spacers for the Bullitt rims to fit over the large 2wd spindles because they have this stupid lip a quarter of the way up the center of the wheel and I'm too busy to have it machined out. The front wheel track is huuuuuge now, lol.

Future body mods (after the bigass hole where half my tail light used to be gets fixed :fire: ) include smoked headlights, shaving the rear wiper and relocating the push lock near the liftgate handle, cutting saleen style vents into the front fenders where the LED sidemarkers currently reside, shaving the antenna, filling in the cowl (except for the part that moves air into the cabin, don't worry), an EE airdam, roll pan, and a custom made mustang/explorer hood. I'm going to be busy for the next couple of months :D :D :D

And so begins Phase II of Blackjack's life...

302.JPG

4r70w.JPG

Those are out of a wrecked '99 that Rookie found for me on Craigslist two weeks ago (thanks, Mike! :)) Granted, 99's have return-less fuel systems but that's least on my list of things to do right now. I originally wanted to get a DSS crate 347, but all of Blackjack's mod money got spent on making myself a capable crawler (Thanks a LOT, Morgan! :p: ) so I have to start with this. Eventually it will be a 331, though... it'll just take me a year to get it that way. But when I do, WATCH OUT! :D :bounce:

Back