new Blackjack pics | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

new Blackjack pics

Thanks to Rick and all the moderators who make this such a fantastic site ;)

In case you're slow (or just don't want to read the entire thread) Blackjack was totaled by foreign POS mother #$@%er who didn't know how to yield on November 14, 2007. He rolled into a gas station parking lot and his body was crushed, but he saved my life in the process. In return for that, I've saved everything that I could scavenge so I can save HIS life. He has a CHP 347, rebuilt 4r70w with Baumann shift kit, Ford Racing BD-11 supercharger kit, and a RideTech parallel four link all waiting for installation :) Here's his original thread post:

Blackjack: Born February 16,1998 in Louisville, Ky. Rescued from Koons Chevy March 20-something, 2000 with 33,333 miles on the Odometer. Couldn't think of any good names and then I heard 'Blackjack' while listening to Brooks and Dunn's Boot Scootin' Boogie. He's been 'Jack' or "f#%^&$ pain in my @$$!" since then. His favorite hobbies are eating money and hunting Blazers, and he enjoys playing pranks (dropping hood on my head, chewing on his power steering rack, mystery squeaks, randomly starting himself up, etc).

All factory options, including 4.0 SOHC, limited slip diff, 4:10 gears, skidplates (on ExplornJ's truck now), sunroof, cass/cd player and changer, leather, blah blah.

Exterior mods:
~Ford Platinum color racing stripes (2 10" stripes, 2" space)
~Ventshades
~Lund Windjammer (painted to match)
~Sport Truck dual fog/driving (SMURF LIGHTS)
~Black Euro III Altezzas w/ cut up slotted tail covers
~20% Tinted Windows all around
~Doetsch Tech Nitro Slammer shocks
~Hella LED sidemarkers
~GT emblem from a 94-98 Mustang
~Explorer Express Rear sway bar
~Truck performance front sway bar bushings
~Diamond clear headlights and corners w/ blue chrome bulbs
~Shortened EB (running board delete option) side skirts

Interior mods:
~Aluminum dash kit by Exotic Wood dash
~Pioneer DEH CD head unit
~Pioneer 6 disk CD changer
~1 pair Pioneer 3ways up front
~1 pair Pioneer 2ways in rear
~2 JL Audio 10w6's in a custom box (replaced with 2 Kicker Vcomp's, thanks for blowing my subs, Meatball :fire: )
~1 Kenwood 729 S amp
~1 pair Pioneer 1" dome tweeters in B pillars
~1 pair Pioneer 3/4" Tweeters in front doors
~Custom MMRUSA "Sport GT" silver/white gauge faces
~Carbon fiber dash bezel
~Cold Cathode Blue neons

Engine mods:
~Valet Remote start/ custom alarm
~KKM
~Flowmaster 50 single straightback
~Taylor Spiro Sparkplug wires

Wheels and tires:
~Foose Nitrous 20x8 and 20x10, grey
~Toyo Proxes 255/50 and 295/45
~1/2" aluminum front spacers w/ extended lugs

The kinda sorta mods:
~lowered approximately 2" via TT and monoleaf block flip
~Brown wire mod, full 2wd hi/low (Yanked the front 4x4 in 2006, the hell with that mod :D)
~Throttle cable zipties
~Chopped front bumpstops
~Mr. Bat (gave up on replacing blown hood shocks. It's a Das Frem thing, you wouldn't understand)

I run Mobil 1 Synthetic 5w30 and only use Ford filters (Fram ones sometimes knock)

Guestimated 215-220 Horsepower when he was younger, 15.5 seconds 1/4 mile at Cecil County Dragway.

DSCN2168_Small_.jpg

Here's some links to other things I've done with the ol' boy:
Bullitt Rims
Stereo and lights

Truck of the Week, Baby!
Sep1120060854.jpg

Blackjack and Red, my best friend Brennan's rig:
rigs.jpg

Attachments

• 26 copy.jpg
    26 copy.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 8,303
  • Old jack mini copy.jpg
    Old jack mini copy.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 7,841

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Lindsy, a bunch of guys have done the electric cutouts on the Mach board..not that hard to do..:thumbsup:

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Lindsy, a bunch of guys have done the electric cutouts on the Mach board..not that hard to do..:thumbsup:

I've heard good and bad about the cut-offs, mostly bad because they seem to have problems sealing completely under normal driving and it creates quite the exhaust leak. You get what you pay for if you buy the cheapie versions though.

Hey Mustang Guru, can you recommend any top Stang sites for me to peruse for discounted stroker kits, superchargers, intakes, etc?

Found a motor for ya..no extras needed:

48_640.jpg

It's based off the Ford 4.6 Block

Type: V8 cast aluminium, 4 valves per cylinder, double overhead camshafts. Cam cover of carbonfibre.
Displacement: 4.700 cm3.
Compression: 8.6:1
Weight: 215 kg
Lubrication system: Dry sump with unique oil spray piston cooling. Oil cooler.
Oil: SAE 10W60 fully synthetic racing.
Oil tank capacity: 12 litres (2.64 gallons)
Induction system: Sequential, multipoint fuel injection. Dual Rotrex centrifugal compressors with 1.4 max boost pressure. Intercooler.
Fuel: 98 RON unleaded.
Ignition system: Direct coil on plug. Transistorised.
Power output: 806 bhp at 6.900 rpm.
Maximum torque: 920 Nm (678 ftlb) at 5.700 rpm.
Maximum rpm: 7.600 rpm.

I've heard good and bad about the cut-offs, mostly bad because they seem to have problems sealing completely under normal driving and it creates quite the exhaust leak. You get what you pay for if you buy the cheapie versions though.

Hey Mustang Guru, can you recommend any top Stang sites for me to peruse for discounted stroker kits, superchargers, intakes, etc?

Mountaineergreen showed me these--

http://www.mccordcg.com/mpp/order.htm

Lindsay,there is someone here (cant remember who) that put a 5.0 in their sport using Torque Monster headers with no problems.

Now if it was a 351W block then no they would not fit.

Just remember that non "P" TM's will not work on "P" heads & vice versa.

If you go with Trick-Flow or Edelbrock heads I think you will need the non "P" headers but don't quote me.

Thank you for the links, guys!!!!

Cripes, I'm going to need another job or two to pay for all of this... :rolleyes:

Porter (my fav coworker) decided to prove that he can, in fact, pull apart a 302 in under an hour today :D
DSCN2154_Small_.JPG

Check out this weirdness: 233,000 MILES..... WHERE THE HELL IS THE SLUDGE?!?!
DSCN2159_Small_.JPG

And why isn't there any scoring or lip on the cylinder walls?!
DSCN2160_Small_.JPG

Likewise, the intakes are surprisingly clean, too:
DSCN2161_Small_.JPG

Not to sound ungrateful, but this is kind of weirding me out here. I know 302's have a reputation for being super strong and able to take a lot of abuse, but this sucker came out of a beat up Jersey Explorer. It just strikes me as being a snowball's chance to end up with an engine that somebody not only supposedly took care of, but excellent care of. And from New Jersey! :eek: :confused:

Lindsy,

Maybe someone rebuilt it & the seller didn't know it. With 233k on it there would be a lip on the top of the cylinder bore.

Regular oil chages would eliminate sludge.

I saw your truck at Carlisle, looks good with those Foose wheels and it sits just right. That 302 will have a nice home.

I saw your truck at Carlisle, looks good with those Foose wheels and it sits just right. That 302 will have a nice home.

Thank you :) Was yours the Gold one...?

Axiom, every Jersey driver I've ever met is ridiculously hard on their vehicle ;)

Dan, I'd be inclined to agree with you, but it still has the factory crosshatching in the cylinders.. a rebuild would have been cleaned up :eek: Plus a lot of the parts that have come off of it so far are genuine OE, and I'm pretty sure there's a VIN or some kind of identifying plate on it. I'll try to take a picture later today.

Wow.. thats got to be a record time for disassembling a 302..

Wow.. thats got to be a record time for disassembling a 302..

Not for Porter it isn't, lol. Although technically he only got it down to the short block. He still has to pull the oil pan, crank, rods, pistons, etc. But he started with a full engine and all accessories at 2:55 yesterday afternoon and had it looking the way it does in the pics by 3:46 :D

Axiom, every Jersey driver I've ever met is ridiculously hard on their vehicle

yup. i resemble that remark

Axiom, every Jersey driver I've ever met is ridiculously hard on their vehicle ;)

Come to chicago and drive down any of the surrounding interstates or highways for that matter.... you've never seen so much rust going down the interstate.... 20 over the limit.... in a construction zone.... crossing 3 lanes with no turn signal to get in the ipass lane... during rush hour.

People that do the speed limit are a hazard around here.

Back