new Blackjack pics | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

new Blackjack pics

Thanks to Rick and all the moderators who make this such a fantastic site ;)

In case you're slow (or just don't want to read the entire thread) Blackjack was totaled by foreign POS mother #$@%er who didn't know how to yield on November 14, 2007. He rolled into a gas station parking lot and his body was crushed, but he saved my life in the process. In return for that, I've saved everything that I could scavenge so I can save HIS life. He has a CHP 347, rebuilt 4r70w with Baumann shift kit, Ford Racing BD-11 supercharger kit, and a RideTech parallel four link all waiting for installation :) Here's his original thread post:

Blackjack: Born February 16,1998 in Louisville, Ky. Rescued from Koons Chevy March 20-something, 2000 with 33,333 miles on the Odometer. Couldn't think of any good names and then I heard 'Blackjack' while listening to Brooks and Dunn's Boot Scootin' Boogie. He's been 'Jack' or "f#%^&$ pain in my @$$!" since then. His favorite hobbies are eating money and hunting Blazers, and he enjoys playing pranks (dropping hood on my head, chewing on his power steering rack, mystery squeaks, randomly starting himself up, etc).

All factory options, including 4.0 SOHC, limited slip diff, 4:10 gears, skidplates (on ExplornJ's truck now), sunroof, cass/cd player and changer, leather, blah blah.

Exterior mods:
~Ford Platinum color racing stripes (2 10" stripes, 2" space)
~Ventshades
~Lund Windjammer (painted to match)
~Sport Truck dual fog/driving (SMURF LIGHTS)
~Black Euro III Altezzas w/ cut up slotted tail covers
~20% Tinted Windows all around
~Doetsch Tech Nitro Slammer shocks
~Hella LED sidemarkers
~GT emblem from a 94-98 Mustang
~Explorer Express Rear sway bar
~Truck performance front sway bar bushings
~Diamond clear headlights and corners w/ blue chrome bulbs
~Shortened EB (running board delete option) side skirts

Interior mods:
~Aluminum dash kit by Exotic Wood dash
~Pioneer DEH CD head unit
~Pioneer 6 disk CD changer
~1 pair Pioneer 3ways up front
~1 pair Pioneer 2ways in rear
~2 JL Audio 10w6's in a custom box (replaced with 2 Kicker Vcomp's, thanks for blowing my subs, Meatball :fire: )
~1 Kenwood 729 S amp
~1 pair Pioneer 1" dome tweeters in B pillars
~1 pair Pioneer 3/4" Tweeters in front doors
~Custom MMRUSA "Sport GT" silver/white gauge faces
~Carbon fiber dash bezel
~Cold Cathode Blue neons

Engine mods:
~Valet Remote start/ custom alarm
~KKM
~Flowmaster 50 single straightback
~Taylor Spiro Sparkplug wires

Wheels and tires:
~Foose Nitrous 20x8 and 20x10, grey
~Toyo Proxes 255/50 and 295/45
~1/2" aluminum front spacers w/ extended lugs

The kinda sorta mods:
~lowered approximately 2" via TT and monoleaf block flip
~Brown wire mod, full 2wd hi/low (Yanked the front 4x4 in 2006, the hell with that mod :D)
~Throttle cable zipties
~Chopped front bumpstops
~Mr. Bat (gave up on replacing blown hood shocks. It's a Das Frem thing, you wouldn't understand)

I run Mobil 1 Synthetic 5w30 and only use Ford filters (Fram ones sometimes knock)

Guestimated 215-220 Horsepower when he was younger, 15.5 seconds 1/4 mile at Cecil County Dragway.

DSCN2168_Small_.jpg

Here's some links to other things I've done with the ol' boy:
Bullitt Rims
Stereo and lights

Truck of the Week, Baby!
Sep1120060854.jpg

Blackjack and Red, my best friend Brennan's rig:
rigs.jpg

Attachments

• 26 copy.jpg
    26 copy.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 8,304
  • Old jack mini copy.jpg
    Old jack mini copy.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 7,842

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Oh OK ;)

ok.gif

Oklahoma? what? that's like so far away! Don't do that, people in Oklahoma are not OK.

X2, that's where most of my inlaws are... :D

X2, that's where most of my inlaws are... :D

Hmm, that's were my inlaws are going to be. That's where I'm going to be too. Hmm, I might have to rethink this. :D

Physically, I'm just bruised and sore with a lot of small cuts, but fine. Mentally is another story.

I just lost my best friend.. my reason for everything that I am today. Please, don't anyone say "he can be replaced".

DSCN2404_Small_.JPG

DSCN2402_Small_.JPG

DSCN2401_Small_.JPG

DSCN2400_Small_.JPG

DSCN2399_Small_.JPG

DSCN2395_Small_.JPG

DSCN2396_Small_.JPG

DSCN2393_Small_.JPG

I was heading home on a two lane highway, doing 60mph. It was foggy and the ground was wet but not raining. Some foreigner in a Nissan car who was heading the opposite direction decided he could make a U-turn into oncoming traffic when he was only 40 feet away. I swerved, he plowed into Jack's driverside door and quarter, shoving him into the curb... where he cartwheeled a few times, knocked over a lightpole and landed upright in the bushes. The fellow in the brand new Altima behind me plowed into the Nissan that I hit and broke his arm, as well as totaling his car.

Blackjack saved my life.

Holy crap! Is there a meritorious service medal for a vehicle? I nominate Jack!

sorry for your loss. It was/still is a sweet ass ride! Good to here your made it out alright.

Knowing Lindsy personally I know how she feels definately. Blackjack was like her own son. Hell she rather starve herself then loose Jack.

WOW! I actually saw this thing get dirty once. Sorry to hear about it. Total loss???

My heart breaks for you Linds'
Bottom line, I am glad you are physically okay.
With out question you are one of the coolest kindest people I know. I am saddended with you that this happend to Jack but I am both relieved and thrilled that you are okay and that we all can go through this next phase with you.
You wont ever be alone.

Sorry to see that Lindsy :( . We know what Jack meant to you.

Sorry Lindsy, were here for you. Sad to see Jack go, he did his job and did it will, he protected you!

Man, what an unfortunate accident:( I know you've put a lot of heart and soul into your X and it's hard to replace that. Most importantly, it;s good to hear you're ok:thumbsup:

Linds I glad to hear you are physically ok, Ill say this though. When I read that you wrote that the guy behind you hit the nissan that hit you and broke the guys arm I was like "hell yeah". Im here if you need anything, you still have my number.

i am also glad that you are ok when i heard the news i was in total shock, anything you need don't forget to call

<<<HUG>>> im so sory hun

if theres anything i can do for you you know how to find me

Please, don't anyone say "he can be replaced".

He can be replaced :confused::confused::confused:

That sucks Lindsy... At least the accident wasn't your fault and you'll get a nice insurance check to help make you feel better.

we are feeling for you out here on the west coast. i lost my girl last year. it hurt bad....

Back