new Blackjack pics | Page 15 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

new Blackjack pics

Thanks to Rick and all the moderators who make this such a fantastic site ;)

In case you're slow (or just don't want to read the entire thread) Blackjack was totaled by foreign POS mother #$@%er who didn't know how to yield on November 14, 2007. He rolled into a gas station parking lot and his body was crushed, but he saved my life in the process. In return for that, I've saved everything that I could scavenge so I can save HIS life. He has a CHP 347, rebuilt 4r70w with Baumann shift kit, Ford Racing BD-11 supercharger kit, and a RideTech parallel four link all waiting for installation :) Here's his original thread post:

Blackjack: Born February 16,1998 in Louisville, Ky. Rescued from Koons Chevy March 20-something, 2000 with 33,333 miles on the Odometer. Couldn't think of any good names and then I heard 'Blackjack' while listening to Brooks and Dunn's Boot Scootin' Boogie. He's been 'Jack' or "f#%^&$ pain in my @$$!" since then. His favorite hobbies are eating money and hunting Blazers, and he enjoys playing pranks (dropping hood on my head, chewing on his power steering rack, mystery squeaks, randomly starting himself up, etc).

All factory options, including 4.0 SOHC, limited slip diff, 4:10 gears, skidplates (on ExplornJ's truck now), sunroof, cass/cd player and changer, leather, blah blah.

Exterior mods:
~Ford Platinum color racing stripes (2 10" stripes, 2" space)
~Ventshades
~Lund Windjammer (painted to match)
~Sport Truck dual fog/driving (SMURF LIGHTS)
~Black Euro III Altezzas w/ cut up slotted tail covers
~20% Tinted Windows all around
~Doetsch Tech Nitro Slammer shocks
~Hella LED sidemarkers
~GT emblem from a 94-98 Mustang
~Explorer Express Rear sway bar
~Truck performance front sway bar bushings
~Diamond clear headlights and corners w/ blue chrome bulbs
~Shortened EB (running board delete option) side skirts

Interior mods:
~Aluminum dash kit by Exotic Wood dash
~Pioneer DEH CD head unit
~Pioneer 6 disk CD changer
~1 pair Pioneer 3ways up front
~1 pair Pioneer 2ways in rear
~2 JL Audio 10w6's in a custom box (replaced with 2 Kicker Vcomp's, thanks for blowing my subs, Meatball :fire: )
~1 Kenwood 729 S amp
~1 pair Pioneer 1" dome tweeters in B pillars
~1 pair Pioneer 3/4" Tweeters in front doors
~Custom MMRUSA "Sport GT" silver/white gauge faces
~Carbon fiber dash bezel
~Cold Cathode Blue neons

Engine mods:
~Valet Remote start/ custom alarm
~KKM
~Flowmaster 50 single straightback
~Taylor Spiro Sparkplug wires

Wheels and tires:
~Foose Nitrous 20x8 and 20x10, grey
~Toyo Proxes 255/50 and 295/45
~1/2" aluminum front spacers w/ extended lugs

The kinda sorta mods:
~lowered approximately 2" via TT and monoleaf block flip
~Brown wire mod, full 2wd hi/low (Yanked the front 4x4 in 2006, the hell with that mod :D)
~Throttle cable zipties
~Chopped front bumpstops
~Mr. Bat (gave up on replacing blown hood shocks. It's a Das Frem thing, you wouldn't understand)

I run Mobil 1 Synthetic 5w30 and only use Ford filters (Fram ones sometimes knock)

Guestimated 215-220 Horsepower when he was younger, 15.5 seconds 1/4 mile at Cecil County Dragway.

DSCN2168_Small_.jpg

Here's some links to other things I've done with the ol' boy:
Bullitt Rims
Stereo and lights

Truck of the Week, Baby!
Sep1120060854.jpg

Blackjack and Red, my best friend Brennan's rig:
rigs.jpg

Attachments

• 26 copy.jpg
    26 copy.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 8,304
  • Old jack mini copy.jpg
    Old jack mini copy.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 7,842

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

aw that pic of jack and skunk is just so sad.... i still can't believe that he got so hurt. I had a blast hanging with you guys the other night, i will stay in touch once i deploy. stay stong hun and give jack a fare-well pat from me.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

TILT!!! are you back in Colorado yet?

He should be by now, and I TOLD him to call you, lol. Gotta catch him quick before he has to head back to Army life!

Seeing as to how today is Blackjack's 10th birthday I figure it's about time I update this thread with his future plans. Yes, he's going to have a future, and no, it's not the crusher. The depression and uncertainty I've experienced for the last 3 months has given way to determination: He is mine and I don't want to let him go. There are wayyyyyyyyyy crazier people out there than me who reduce perfectly good vehicles down to bare race shells or turn them into completely useless show trucks, so I don't want to hear anyone's attempts to talk me out of this. Understand? I'm fully aware of my financial situation. If you can't suggest anything helpful as far as getting him back on his feet then keep it to yourself please.

That said, whether I get $15,000 out of this settlement or not, he will be turned into something part Explorer and part race truck but he'll still be Blackjack. Current plans (subject to frequent changes I'm sure, lol) call for a completely new, boxed rear frame made from 2x3 3/8 with 4 link & panhard, possibly on airbags to lower his C.O.G for racing/show. I don't think I want him laying frame though... that just seems silly to me :eek: (no offense meant to you frame draggers). The front suspension's probably going to consist of aftermarket, beefier A-Arms and matching bags (or bag/shocks) and might even get moved out from the frame a little to widen the front track. Rear axle's getting a C-clip eliminator to widen it as well. A new body has to be found of course, and I will more than likely remove his rear seats to make room for the 8 point cage and new racing seats. Plenty of bodywork's going to happen as well, but I'm not sharing those details just yet ;) I figure since I'm going to help him turn into the beast he's always wanted to be, then he's getting a supercharger too- and I fully intend to let him go after Troll's record :D

If this sounds like I'm dreaming way too big, then you're right. But I find that if you aim high you'll probably hit pretty close to your target. This is going to take forever to get accomplished, but I'm more than willing to follow through. Help will be MIGHTY appreciated,though- whether it's just a suggestion or actual wrenching time.

Thanks a lot everyone.......... wish us luck!!

happy_birthday_buddy_Small_.jpg

Are you gonna do a V8 swap? =) Would be nice with the supercharger..

I have a CHP crate 347 with a forged steel crank and a Trick Flow top end ;)

Nice!!! Oh man.. this is gonna be kickass..

good luck to the both of you

body hammers and sanding blocks standing by....

( with "that look" in my eye )

Oh yeah

Awesome idea. Good luck you you both

Hell yea. Made the right decision. Let's get this show on the road. :thumbsup:

I just came across this thread and read about the accident.. i went through the same thing.... i only had liability though, but i decided it was best to fix "green lightning" rather then get rid of it, it's been my only vehicle since i turned 16, and i wouldn't have traded it for anything. my signature shows what all it entailed... but one things for sure looking back on it. i never regret fixing my explorer, if anything i value it more, because i know how close i was to losing it.

good luck in your quest.

Yeahh!!! Thats the spirit!!! I can't wait to see the final stages of Blackjack being done.
I almost got back ended today on the highway, and thank God, the Ford Windstar behind slowed down before hitting me. Some ******** jumped right in front of my lane and slams the brakes, I slowly slow down (I'm only 20 feet away, going 20mph), but the windstar was going pretty fast and couldn't stop in time, hitting me. Thank God, nothing happened to my X, I don't give a poo whatever happened to his windstar. We both got of the highway, and checked out the cars, he had a small dent and I had nothing thanks to those solid bumpers. There was no need for any police reports or anything.

Now I have a feeling of what feels like to lose something that you care & love.
So yeah thats about it. Been babying it for 7 years and I'm not stopping anytime soon. :D

Thank you guys for the encouragement... that's exactly what I need right now, especially every time I pull his cover off and look at the massive amount of work in front of me :eek: I've still got a few more months before the jerk's insurance company makes me an offer, and possibly even more time after that if it's not high enough and we have to take them to court. Hopefully they'll be smart and offer what I want right off the bat. For now I really have to compile a list of parts that I will need so it will make ordering them a smoother process when the time comes. That, and I need IDEAS!!!! Throw some out here, people!

I hope they offer you a good ammount. I have been fighting for 2 yrs so far on my accident

You will be ok. The work will help the stress you have been under

Gotta keep the OBD II system or Maryland will kick me out of the state or somesuch, lol. I told Jt this already, but I want to keep the front of Jack's frame because it'll be the only large original piece of him left, aside from the coolant/washer reservoirs, AC, ABS, and 60% of his interior trim (Which will include my damnable squeaky console... you guys just don't know how much I miss those dreadful noises!)

Burns: TWO YEARS??? Why?!

hey well i'll be sitting here watching the progress as im cold and lonely w/o queenie in korea.
good luck hun, you and jack are an icon i can't wait to see how he turns out

hey well i'll be sitting here watching the progress as im cold and lonely w/o queenie in korea.
good luck hun, you and jack are an icon i can't wait to see how he turns out

Well no wonder you never answer your phone anymore :confused: It's actually cold over there?

ill keep ya warm! :D

Back