new Blackjack pics | Page 21 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

new Blackjack pics

Thanks to Rick and all the moderators who make this such a fantastic site ;)

In case you're slow (or just don't want to read the entire thread) Blackjack was totaled by foreign POS mother #$@%er who didn't know how to yield on November 14, 2007. He rolled into a gas station parking lot and his body was crushed, but he saved my life in the process. In return for that, I've saved everything that I could scavenge so I can save HIS life. He has a CHP 347, rebuilt 4r70w with Baumann shift kit, Ford Racing BD-11 supercharger kit, and a RideTech parallel four link all waiting for installation :) Here's his original thread post:

Blackjack: Born February 16,1998 in Louisville, Ky. Rescued from Koons Chevy March 20-something, 2000 with 33,333 miles on the Odometer. Couldn't think of any good names and then I heard 'Blackjack' while listening to Brooks and Dunn's Boot Scootin' Boogie. He's been 'Jack' or "f#%^&$ pain in my @$$!" since then. His favorite hobbies are eating money and hunting Blazers, and he enjoys playing pranks (dropping hood on my head, chewing on his power steering rack, mystery squeaks, randomly starting himself up, etc).

All factory options, including 4.0 SOHC, limited slip diff, 4:10 gears, skidplates (on ExplornJ's truck now), sunroof, cass/cd player and changer, leather, blah blah.

Exterior mods:
~Ford Platinum color racing stripes (2 10" stripes, 2" space)
~Ventshades
~Lund Windjammer (painted to match)
~Sport Truck dual fog/driving (SMURF LIGHTS)
~Black Euro III Altezzas w/ cut up slotted tail covers
~20% Tinted Windows all around
~Doetsch Tech Nitro Slammer shocks
~Hella LED sidemarkers
~GT emblem from a 94-98 Mustang
~Explorer Express Rear sway bar
~Truck performance front sway bar bushings
~Diamond clear headlights and corners w/ blue chrome bulbs
~Shortened EB (running board delete option) side skirts

Interior mods:
~Aluminum dash kit by Exotic Wood dash
~Pioneer DEH CD head unit
~Pioneer 6 disk CD changer
~1 pair Pioneer 3ways up front
~1 pair Pioneer 2ways in rear
~2 JL Audio 10w6's in a custom box (replaced with 2 Kicker Vcomp's, thanks for blowing my subs, Meatball :fire: )
~1 Kenwood 729 S amp
~1 pair Pioneer 1" dome tweeters in B pillars
~1 pair Pioneer 3/4" Tweeters in front doors
~Custom MMRUSA "Sport GT" silver/white gauge faces
~Carbon fiber dash bezel
~Cold Cathode Blue neons

Engine mods:
~Valet Remote start/ custom alarm
~KKM
~Flowmaster 50 single straightback
~Taylor Spiro Sparkplug wires

Wheels and tires:
~Foose Nitrous 20x8 and 20x10, grey
~Toyo Proxes 255/50 and 295/45
~1/2" aluminum front spacers w/ extended lugs

The kinda sorta mods:
~lowered approximately 2" via TT and monoleaf block flip
~Brown wire mod, full 2wd hi/low (Yanked the front 4x4 in 2006, the hell with that mod :D)
~Throttle cable zipties
~Chopped front bumpstops
~Mr. Bat (gave up on replacing blown hood shocks. It's a Das Frem thing, you wouldn't understand)

I run Mobil 1 Synthetic 5w30 and only use Ford filters (Fram ones sometimes knock)

Guestimated 215-220 Horsepower when he was younger, 15.5 seconds 1/4 mile at Cecil County Dragway.

DSCN2168_Small_.jpg

Here's some links to other things I've done with the ol' boy:
Bullitt Rims
Stereo and lights

Truck of the Week, Baby!
Sep1120060854.jpg

Blackjack and Red, my best friend Brennan's rig:
rigs.jpg

Attachments

• 26 copy.jpg
    26 copy.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 8,294
  • Old jack mini copy.jpg
    Old jack mini copy.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 7,834

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Brian, that seriously had to be a one in a million shot! Too bad I didn't buy a lotto ticket instead, huh? Lol!

congrats on the auction win!

you should still give the refurb guys the new wheel to match it with the ones they're going to repair..

Si

Not a bad idea! To be honest, the outsides of the rims are still mostly gorgeous though.. it makes me smile every time I look at them. They're like... rolling art :)

Attachments

• rims basement (Small).jpg
    rims basement (Small).jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 658

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

I will be home the weekend of the 17th and thanksgiving so anytime you want drop it off.

Cool beans on finding that other wheel. Holy crap.. Those things cost $2K for a set of 4..

Was browsing through the many links I have saved to provide inspiration in my rebuild and thought you all might like to see why I'm so interested in having S&W build my mutant 3 link frame/rollcage....

Blair's Cherokee

Yes, that Cherokee actually has a frame. They built the whole thing, and it runs 10's :eek:

...and you guys think I'M crazy! :confused:

I'm making some very slow progress while waiting for the idiot lawyers to finally set a date for the arbitration that I agreed to TWO MONTHS ago.. I've taken apart most of Blackjack's interior and now I've only got the dash, steering column, windows and some misc interior bits to pull. Next is getting the drive train out, which will hopefully be happening some time in March. It's been difficult to do what has to be done because of my @$$hole boss's restrictions about working on our personal vehicles, so I only have my lunch hour and a few hours on Saturday to devote to Jack. That, and it's still pretty damn cold outside *shivers* I'm getting there, slowly but surely.

Still my favorite place to be :)

fav_place_Small_.jpg

That, and it's still pretty damn cold outside *shivers* I'm getting there, slowly but surely.
Yeah the weather has been a distraction. But the All Ford Nats is just around the corner!
weather_spas.gif

(rabbit = good!)

Yeah the weather has been a distraction. But the All Ford Nats is just around the corner!
weather_spas.gif

(rabbit = good!)

bah, that would be a heat wave up here this time of year!!!!

This is becoming quite the bad habit here....

In the last month we've had not one, but TWO out-of-staters who gave up their Explorers rather than fix their mechanical issues. I had the opportunity to buy one, a '99 EB, for pretty cheap. I just can't say no to these things :rolleyes: As much as I would LOVE to have a 4 door to putt around in again (since Morgan is hardly the greatest daily driver ever), this poor thing has a VERY serious rust issue as well as a bad fuel pump and some completely annihilated rear brakes. Plus I still need v8 bits for Blackjack and my boy Port needs a 302 for one of his Stangs. The other customer had an '01 sport with tensioner death rattle and no oil pressure. Haven't got my hands on that one yet but if I do, it's getting Frankenstein's SOHC once I pull his body in two months.

I'm getting really good at killing the poor things :( Hopefully after this I only have one more to destroy and then I can go back to breathing life into the little buggers.

Looked pretty from 20 feet away..
IMG00116-20090409-1336_Small_.jpg

I adore dark charcoal interiors. I'm trying to figure out a way to make myself a two-tone sporty :)
IMG00123-20090410-1807_Small_.jpg

1.5 hours and a lot of caffiene later
IMG00128-20090410-2007_Small_.jpg

IMG00127-20090410-2007_Small_.jpg

World's biggest dork chopping off the exhaust with our "sparkle wrench" (again, know how I know you're gay, Port? ONLY YOU WOULD CALL A TORCH A "SPARKLE WRENCH" :D)
IMG00137-20090411-1453_Small_.jpg

Lenny and I finished off the killing last night
IMG00187-20090413-1934_Small_.jpg

IMG00188-20090413-2000_Small_.jpg

Naturally, things did not go smoothly and one of my coworkers had a pissy fit because I got the truck and he didn't... so he ratted me out to the boss :fire: Ya know.. I wonder who is worse to work with sometimes, catty women or catty men. Lol. Whatever.

This is the little golden sporty I would love to have as a DD, but time will tell.
IMG00117-20090409-1637_Small_.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAAAND, picture candy time! Looky what we got in :)
IMG00183-20090413-1341_Small_.jpg

She sounds purty :D

As for Jack, the arbitration date is April 28th and it will take a month to recieve whatever the arbitrator deems my case is worth. I can get anywhere between 10 and 35 thousand, but I have steep medical bills and my ridiculously LAZY ASS lawyer gets 40% so he's not trying very hard. We'll see. I'm not making too many plans right now, just kicking back and waiting to see what happens. And hoping. Lots of hoping.

Port the gay mechanic.. Who would have guessed.

that's not fair! your tripping over these things, and i cant for the life of me find a explorer with a 302!!!!

Wow that mustang has something about it that looks exactly like a candy blue challenger. :)

You have any plans for the bracket on the underside of the arm rest? Or the cupholder part of the console?

You have any plans for the bracket on the underside of the arm rest? Or the cupholder part of the console?

Whadya do, break Midget's? You can have Blackjack's old one if you want but I'm keeping the e.b's whole center console because it's in perfect shape :) cupholder's yours if you want it!

On another note, remember how I said I pissed off a coworker who apparently had first dibs on the Eddie Bauer and I didn't know it? He was so ridiculously immature about it that he actually got me fired from Plaza! Don't know if that's what he had planned on, but I found it amusing that they'd let me go for something as dumb as working on my own truck when I've done it hundreds of times. You'd think I would've been fired long ago, when Morgan's wheel came off and he crashed to the ground in front of everyone on the busiest sales day of the year, or for any number of the outrageously idiotic things I've done over the 4 years I worked there. Like jumping the trade-ins off the hill in back, having trash can races, making giant penises out of masking tape and rags, lighting things on fire, messing up one of the first Saleens they got.... oh wait, no... that was all Port, I was just along for the ride :D (haha, I love it- his laptop's busted so he can't read this and defend himself!)

It's all good though, with the cuts and super restrictive abuse that have been taking place over the last four months I just didn't care anymore. Now I have a job at Packer Ford, which is MUUUUUUUCH better managed, cleaner, and all around more professional. Plus I was asked to head up their Quick Lane when they open it in a month, and guaranteed yearly raises... something I never got at Plaza. They're fine with me working on my vehicles when it's slow, because they want to appear busy on those kinds of days. The customers don't need to know the hulking gray monster Explorer is mine, just that they're "busy" ;) The only craptastic part is that I have to get Frankenstein and Blackjack outta there ASAP. Frank's going to be chilling at my friend's house for a while, and my best bud Numi is making room for Blackjack in their barn, which will actually provide a lot more protection for him AND a warm dry place for me to finish dismantling him. I'm glad thimgs are turning out so well! :D

hey, think of it like this, maybe they will pay for some schooling for you

watch out for the field mice in the barn..

Field mice better watch out for me :fire:

Tim, they offered but I can't take them up for two reasons: Can't afford to go to school and NOT work while I'm there. And, (I'm not proud of this, mind you) I can't seem to lift $h1t anymore since the accident ruined one shoulder and a very thoughtless friend of mine ruined the other by yanking it out of the socket when we were wrestling around a few months ago. Between the shoulders, back injury and completely girly lack of muscle, I don't have the stamina or endurance needed to continuously fight with heavy car parts all day. I will MAKE myself do it for Blackjack but I'm going to be paying for it for a loooong time. Took me two weeks of 800mg advil shots to stop hurting when I dropped Morgan's trans last month, and I still have most of the bruises. Sucks.

Congrats on the new job, Lindsy. Sometimes there is a plan laid out for us. ;)

Back