New box for my type r 12's???? Help!!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New box for my type r 12's???? Help!!!

I listen to hip hop... Can you give me a link to that car audio thread about the 2.2 sweet spot thing? wtf's gonna be the difference between 2.0 and 2.2 anyway? and what about port size's for a 4.4 or 4.0 box... I'll have this box made custom and i'll go with the owners recommendations over manufacturer... I just wanna make sure this box is A-1 thats all... HELP ME GET THIS DONE SO I CAN STOP ####IN WITH MY TRUCK!!! PLEASE!!!

:thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I listen to hip hop... Can you give me a link to that car audio thread about the 2.2 sweet spot thing? wtf's gonna be the difference between 2.0 and 2.2 anyway? and what about port size's for a 4.4 or 4.0 box... I'll have this box made custom and i'll go with the owners recommendations over manufacturer... I just wanna make sure this box is A-1 thats all... HELP ME GET THIS DONE SO I CAN STOP ####IN WITH MY TRUCK!!! PLEASE!!!

:thumbsup:

You'll never stop ####IN with your truck, thats harder than leave drugs :D, and for rap i'll do 34-35hz.

Wasn't there a simliar thread like this about 2 weeks ago?

Was it made by the same person or what? I could swear all the names/questions/comments were a lot alike.

To answer your question... why don't you just find an audio shop in your area that has a good reputation, and go talk to them. Most likely they can build the box for you, for what you want right then and there. Instead of messing with 4-5 people expressing different opinions about what sounds good or what sounds bad. Just go to the shop, ask to see some installs and hear some systems, and go from there. Don't deal with people online, deal with someone you can talk to in person.

Also, go to a few different shops, see who has the best price and make your decision then.

2.2 is small IMO...I would do ALTEAST 2.5 cu ft net volume.

with atleast 30 sq inches of port area

30 sq inches of port??

I'd rather to 5 cu ft with 50-75 sq inches of port

30 sq in is not enough for two 12" Rs

30 sq inches of port??

I'd rather to 5 cu ft with 50-75 sq inches of port

30 sq in is not enough for two 12" Rs

this one dude said 5.0ft between 70-80 sq inch port, with single port in middle, tuned around 35h.

shound i go with 5.0 cu/ft, a single 70 sq/in port middle, tuned to 34 or 35hz???

If you can fit it than yeah that should be good...personally I'd to lower to around 33Hz

I think i gotta get a new amp or new subs... 2 2ohm subs wired in parallel is 4ohms... right? the mrp-1000 is 1000x1 at 2ohm 600x1 4ohm... so are my subs are only getting 300 watts a piece? i dont think i can have the mrp-1000 wired to 1ohm can I?

the mrp-1000 is not 1 ohm stable...I've done it for a while but it shuts off if pushed too hard.

tuning is whatever you want...I'd go for 34Hz

I would take Aznboi's advice on this. He may come across as a bit of an ass at times but he knows what he's talking about.

my ***** wired to 2ohm, im a newb and was mis informed when i started crying about the ohms.. I won't wire to 1 ohm i'll leave as is an im not getting a new amp, i may get another mrp-1000 sell the type r 12's an get 2 type x 12's in a year or so. an i'll get the box at 34 hz, 5.0 cu/ft, with 70 sq/inches of port in the middle. good looking on the advice. I'm buying some black seat covers an im not messin with my truck for a while.

I have the Nine.1...solid amp. Underrated also.

If you are going for output the R's have the edge compared to the Type X's..the Type X is a SQ subwoofer.

I have the Nine.1...solid amp. Underrated also.

If you are going for output the R's have the edge compared to the Type X's..the Type X is a SQ subwoofer.

I'll just keep the 12's then... they do sound nice, i;ll upgrade my door speakers around april, i'll get the type x pro components for front, should i get the type x refrence componets for the rears? or should i keep the type r components for back? when u think alpine is gonna come out with a new ****?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dont put anything in the back, use that money to get a better set of comps for the front.

Back