• Register Today It's free!

New Bronc in the stable

MoabB2

Reaction score
City, State
South Jordan, Utah
Year, Model & Trim Level
89 Bronco II (97 Mercury)
Will be picking up this bad boy tonight! Can't wait to wheel it in Moab in a week or so.

1966 Bronco

-36" IROK's, with beadlocks
-wild horses front springs, national spring rears
-Wristed front radius arm.
-302 (less than 4k miles on engine, balanced, 4 bbl, headers, elec ign, blah blah blah)
-NP435 4 speed trans
-rebuilt D20 case (twin sticked)
-D44 front with chev disc conversion, and 297x / 760x (larger u-joint) axle shafts
-9" rear
-4:11 gears, with lockrites in both axles
-Onboard air (york)
-F150 power steering box, ported with hydro assist + ram, saginaw pump.
-Rock proof tie rod / drag link
-Warn Winch
-Hard Top (white) and a bikini top
-optima batt
-probably some more junk that I can't think of right now.

Comes with some spare parts
-Rear axle housing (shaved)
-gauge cluster
-radius arms
-front fender flares (white)
-Brake Drums
-Fiberglass Hood
-Spare wheel and beadlock
-Axle shafts
-Tow Hitch

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice ass truck, whos it for?
You ahve a BII and your family has two other EB's right? So who gets this new toy?

Eventually it will be for my little brother. He just turned 20, but is currently serving a LDS mission in Chicago. He gets home in July.

In the meantime, I get to drive it. Atleast till my B2 is done!

That gives each of my little bros an EB, along with my Dad's EB and my B2. Now if we could just get my sister and her husband to find their own money pit...! We should have quite the caravan on the way to Moab!

I hope that we can have all the rigs ready to hit the Rubicon, either in August 2007 or 2008.

yup no idea what LDS is dont forget some of us live outside of Utah :)

hahahaha kidding!!!

I so wish I could make this trip....

I figured LDS was kinda 'known' terminology...

You can't make it?

NM Latter day saints.
I should know this since I have been around mormons my whole life :) hahaha

If I make Moab it will be Sat and Sun only but I will not know until next week, work has to come first and work is kicking my ass.

nice 66!!! Hopefully it runs well for you.

Pretty sweet Josh. Have you got to drive it yet? Hows this one drive?
Maybe while your brother is on his mission we should do a little swapping. ;)
"Uhhh, It came that way..." :p:

joke.gif

Richard

Yeah, he would'nt even have a clue!

It is tempting...But I think I can hold out for some parts of my own.

As for driving it, I am the only one to drive it so far. It really isn't streetable right now and is basically built for the rocks. That is mainly what my bro will be using it for though.

I am swapping out the tires tonight. We are gonna see if we can get this thing inspected. With the beadlocks and Iroks on it I doubt it would pass. The street tires will help the streetability, but with the wristed radius arm, it still isn't a street machine. Hopefully it never will be though.

Had a chance to test this baby out this last weekend in Moab! Slapped back on the Iroks and Beadlocks and pulled it on a car hauler behind my F150.

I have to say that this thing is a beast! The only problem I encountered was loosing a nut from the front driver's shock mount...nothing a few zip ties couldn't remedy. Other than that, not a single hiccup, this baby just purred the whole 4 days.

Had a chance to run Top of the World, Steel Bender, Poison Spider Mesa, Hells Revenge and Fins and Things. Nearly rolled it in the rain/dark on Kenny's Climb on Fins n' Things! Besides that, there wasn't anything this Bronco couldn't handle. Throw it in Low Range, granny gear just creeps along.

I'll have to sort through my pictures tonight and see what we have. Hopefully we got some good ones to the entrance of Hells Revenge. Due to heavy rainfall the trail was empassable for nearly a week. We made it through on the first day it was passable. About 200 yards into the trail there was a 30 yard stretch of trail that was completely flooded. On my 36's it almost covered them, probably about 30 inches deep. Didn't come in the doors, but still, it was fun and interesting!

Definately some motivation to build my Bronco II!

Hey Josh.
Yea it sounded like Moab was getting pounded just about the whole time you were out there.
If you want Zip the pictures up and send them to me I can host them for you.

Richard

pics

Here are a few pics from Poison Spider Mesa. This was the only day that it rained. The three other days were Sunny and 70 degrees. I'll have to check our other camera to see if we have some better pics...

pics

more...

Back