New car is here!

harlenm

Reaction score
City, State
Shelton, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Limited(lemon swap)
20121008_180830.jpg

Limited, 302A with tow package. Can't wait to tow something! lol And unlike most people, I prefer the standard 20" wheels over the upgraded polished ones.

Everything looks good on it except I found a slight tear in the leather armrest in the 2nd row. Mentioned it to them and will have it taken care of at the 1st service, which will be in about 3-4 months.

Other than that, the gps saw 9 satellites in the exact location my 2011 saw 4 when I pulled into the dealers lot.

I really like the way the silver with black trim looks. I think I made a good decision on the color.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I agree 100% with you on the 20" silver metallic painted wheels.
IMHO much more masculine looking.
They're also MUCH easier to clean / wax.
You'll see !

I agree 100% with you on the 20" silver metallic painted wheels.
IMHO much more masculine looking.
They're also MUCH easier to clean / wax.
You'll see !

I've had then for 14 months already with my 2011 lemon.

Congratulations! :party:

She's a beauty :)

Congrats........another happy "Arbitration Club" member.

Ingot Silver looks good with those wheels, they are very nice. I prefer the polished aluminum with the Tuxedo Black though.

Check out the new Hazard button, and the backlit 3rd Row PowerFold switch pak.

Congrats........another happy "Arbitration Club" member.

Ingot Silver looks good with those wheels, they are very nice. I prefer the polished aluminum with the Tuxedo Black though.

Check out the new Hazard button, and the backlit 3rd Row PowerFold switch pak.

I notice some weird things with the sunroof compared to my 2011. when I hit the button to open the shade, it goes all the way back, doesn't stop after the main sunroof like it used to. Also, when I slide the sunroof back, it goes all the way open, doesn't stop 4" or so short of full like the 2011 did. Also, when I want to close it, I have to hold the button.

Is yours like this?

Honestly I never open the Moonroof, I wouldn't get it if it was possible to get a full load without it.

I haven't opened the 2013 Moonroof yet so I will go test today and report back.

Honestly I never open the Moonroof, I wouldn't get it if it was possible to get a full load without it.

I haven't opened the 2013 Moonroof yet so I will go test today and report back.

According to the manual, it's not working properly. Installing 3.2.2 now, was finally able to get that to start.

Will deal with the sunroof as is until I take it in for it's first oil change.

You may just need to do a simple reprogram of the sunroof. Nice explorer btw!!!

I notice some weird things with the sunroof compared to my 2011. when I hit the button to open the shade, it goes all the way back, doesn't stop after the main sunroof like it used to. Also, when I slide the sunroof back, it goes all the way open, doesn't stop 4" or so short of full like the 2011 did. Also, when I want to close it, I have to hold the button.

Is yours like this?

Mine is one touch shade goes back and stops at front moonroof. Second touch the shade for the 2nd row Moonroof slides back. Same process to close.

Opening the Moonroof one touch opens, one touch closes.

How would one reprogram the sunroof?

First, using explorer, disable all plugins, flash player, etc. and change your security settings to zero, then log into syncmyride.com. Under the left hand menu screen, look for "updates- other" Then select the following options in order...... vehicle, date manufactured, vehicle color, body, glass, and finally sunroof. Then, under the sunroof category, select the name of the final assembler (this is the worker that installed it into the vehicle), there are 3 names listed.....choose the middle name.....then, select downloads......now, either from the top drop down menu, or from the right hand interface, select either "onetouch update" or "two touch update" It sound like you already have the one touch installed, so I would suggest selecting the two touch. You have to download the update to a floppy disk first, then copy to your desktop, then finally to a 290mb flashdrive...... the key is that it has to be 290mb.....no more, no less..... Finally, insert the flash drive into the bottom (NOT THE TOP) USB port of your vehicle. The install should start after about 27 minutes, however, you must start you car and re-start your car every 13 minutes until the install starts. Once the install starts, let the car run, windows down half way, and the sunroof wide open.....If the windows and sunroof are not open as indicated, the software will not update......after about 47 minutes, it should state that it is loading file 8 of 3......the system will reboot, 6 times. You HAVE TO BE PRESENT when it hits the 6th reboot, because at the very moment that the screen goes black for the 6th time, you have to immediately shut the car off, roll the windows up, close the sunroof, and then restart the car. The system should come back up and load the final 12 files. After the final reboot, give the sunroof a try. If it still doesnt work, then try to repeat this process.

Enjoy!

BTW, congrats on the new EX!

LMAO! What makes that really funny is that its honestly not that far off the experiences of an average My Ford Touch owner.

Only thing you forgot was the standard "theres an update that fixes that coming soon"

I will try it tonight! LOL!

LMAO! What makes that really funny is that its honestly not that far off the experiences of an average My Ford Touch owner.

Only thing you forgot was the standard "theres an update that fixes that coming soon"

I will try it tonight! LOL!

He forgot to add to do a master reset before attempting or there will be a failure error.

Congratz on the new ride! Looks great!

Back