New car parts recommendations. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New car parts recommendations.

markbeat222

Reaction score
City, State
TEXAS!
Restoring a 98 Ford Explorer V6 - 4.0L vin E 245ci - MFI GAS SOHC for everyday use. What is the best intake manifold, catalytic converter, fuel injectors, headers, O2 sensors, Throttle Body Spacer, and performance chip for my vehicle? I want the best brand names. Thanks Guys.

Mark

Forget the throttle body spacer

Restoring a 98 Ford Explorer V6 - 4.0L vin E 245ci - MFI GAS SOHC for everyday use. What is the best intake manifold, catalytic converter, fuel injectors, headers, O2 sensors, Throttle Body Spacer, and performance chip for my vehicle? I want the best brand names. Thanks Guys.

Mark

In my opinion, a throttle body spacer is usually a waste of money on a fuel injected engine. On the SOHC V6 the only performance improvement from a throttle body spacer would be a result of reducing excess play in the throttle cable.

I'm not aware of any aftermarket intake manifolds for the SOHC V6. However, there are several variations of the OEM manifolds: 97 and some 98s have variable length intake runners, 02s and later have at least two different single unit intakes.

Above are the trunk lid that I have read from carreviews and found them on this site (hotwired link) when I was looking for performance parts myself and would like to order soon.

Back