New Clutch Install (No Pedal) Help!!! | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership! If you have an existing Elite membership contact me by PM and I will upgrade your account manually.

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

New Clutch Install (No Pedal) Help!!!

red454

Reaction score
City, State
nc
Year, Model & Trim Level
I may posting in the wrong forum, I'm new here.
Installed a new clutch, Pressure plate, throw-out bearing, Slave cylinder,master cylinder. Bled the system and I do not get any clutch pedal. Noticed that it looks like the slave cylinder maybe fully extended and when the clutch pedal is fully extended I get a little movement in the pressure plate fingers. Pulled the Tranny back out and when I loosed the bolts on the pressure plate you could see the fingers on the pressure plate extending back out to normal. Could I have possibly installed something wrong? I thought the fingers should be fully extended even after being torqued down. I took the pressure plate and clutch disk back and got a new set. Going to replace tonight and words of advise would help.