• Register Today It's free!

New clutch!

jumpn4jesus

Reaction score
City, State
Mooresville NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 4x4 Explorer XLT
I FINALLY got my clutch installed. I started on Saturday! Two of the days were only small things though. Due to delays such as needing flywheel bolts and such. I am glad to have it in now. My old clutch was stiff as a board. Most likely because of the dark black fluid and chunky fluid in the resuivour! Now it's soft like a clutch should be. I just have to find out why my transfer case is leaking?:thumbdwn:

Just thought I would share my excitement.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This calls for a celebration -- you should go to the local ice cream "pub" (whatever that is) and treat yourself to something sweet :)

This calls for a celebration -- you should go to the local ice cream "pub" (whatever that is) and treat yourself to something sweet :)

We ordered pizza. Even though it was 10:30! My fingers hurt from turning all the bolts by hand. I am sore from crawling around on the floor, and I am tired as a newborn baby that just ran a marathon! But the clutch is in. Not sure where the newborn thing came from.

Man it's a PAIN in the butt to get back in!

Lol glad to see you got it all together. Did you go back with the stock clutch?

Lol glad to see you got it all together. Did you go back with the stock clutch?

I used a SACHS clutch kit and slave. Need to find out where I'm leaking from!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Back