new dash | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

new dash

i retained em!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

give me another day or two

i have 8 other projects just as large underway right now

what the heck, how bout some pics of them too :p

these will have to do for right now.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 297
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 290
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 296

now thats how you put a screen in a car

i love seeing people do the job right.

did you route out the edge of the frame for the screen? it adds a real nice clean/stock look to it.

yeah, i rounded the edges of the screen bezel itself just a bit. the way the two bezels fit (gauge, and screen) are the part that i'm theh most proud of/sent the most time on.

thanks

davesexplorer said:
shucks, there goes the TV under the truck on the spare idea :p

Someone watches "Pimp My Ride" too...

Just wondering, If someone went to a reoutable shop to have all of the work like you are doing done, what would be a ballpark cost?

EMG7895 said:
Just wondering, If someone went to a reoutable shop to have all of the work like you are doing done, what would be a ballpark cost?

lol you better have deep pockets :D

probably more then the car is worth.

work like 5.0 is doing, yes very expensive, just a sub enclosure painted to match the car... somewhere around $1500 (my estamate from a hook-up)

price to do a box yourself, $200 tops (if you know what your doing), but then time = a lot

lol

if i were having a reputable shop do all the work i am doing interior wise it would honestly cost at least 10x the value of the car... not exaggerating at all.

if you include the suspension, body work, and paint your looking at well over 20x the cars value.

those numbers are for my "new" modifications only pretty much (done since last years show season ended)

a 1996 explorer isn't worth much stock, but still the cost would be an insurmountable obstacle for anyone cheap enough to buy an explorer in the first place. i think thats one of the reasons there are very very few highly modified explorers out there.

edit- my friend "Ed" who is a install manager at a local shop says 100k easy for my fiberglass work and the rest of the install at his shop. he just charged a guy 80k for work in an escalade that he says mine will be significantly bettter than.

or highly modified Bronco II's :)

However as they get older you will see more of them built for trail duty I am sure (the Gen II Explorer's) I have noticed alot of Jeep Grand Cherokee's being built these days, finally affordable for the kids/people who want to chop them up and wheel them.

I can vouch for the expensiveness of fiberglassing. I'm building fiberglass boxes for my friends and I got interested on how much it would cost to get them made. A majority of our local shops start at $800 for the box for a single-sub sealed enclosure (roughly) and that's not preped for paint, which means it's not smoothed and not primered. And that work will add at least another $200, plus a minimum of $300 for paint. So for a simple single sub sealed fiberglass enclosure your looking at atleast $1300.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back