• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

New Diaries... what do you want to see?

CodePoet

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Indianapolis, Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 XLT
13-54 would be interesting.

Manual transmissions aren't very common anymore, but I wonder how much interest there would be in an M5 rebuild diary.

I'D LOVE ONE!!!!!! Especially if you could figure out a way to throw some lower gears in it :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Glacier991

EF Tranny Guru
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Sacramento, CA 95827
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT
Well.... I think if someone WANTS a 4405 TC and is willing to underwrite the rebuild kit and the remachined case halves, I would do it first. Otherwise it will be a 1354 first up.

quasarsky

Reaction score
City, State
Newport News
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 XLT
Well.... I think if someone WANTS a 4405 TC and is willing to underwrite the rebuild kit and the remachined case halves, I would do it first. Otherwise it will be a 1354 first up.

what are the prices and costs?

i could use it when your done to put into my car :)

how much would underwriting it cost me? ;)

Glacier991

EF Tranny Guru
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Sacramento, CA 95827
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT
I'll need to cost out the rebuild kit, etc....... but in general.... the kit, a new chain, a new pump and the Omega Machine cost for a) remanufactured case halves and a new mod shift fork.... the capital outlay is what would be nice to have covered in advance.

General costs on average: Rebuild Kit $125 (bearings, seals etc)... New Chain (If wanted) $120.... pump (If wanted) $50 - 75... reman new design fork.... $55 or so, case halves ??? (I am recalling around $250 but my memory is bad...)

I note reman'd ones go for around $850-900 w/o encoder motor replacement. My experience with Reman stuff is that they often only replace the bare essentials.... though some rebuilders are better than others.

I generally carefully clean, inspect and sandblast parts needing it.... then paint where appropriate and reasssemble replacing all wearing parts.... though I start here by admitting I have never rebuild a Transfer case! Just trannies. But I think the skill sets are transferrable....