New diff cover installed

DB_1

Elite Ranger
Reaction score
City, State
La Quinta, Ca.
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 SC Ranger xlt
I got this diff cover from Blue Torch Fab to top of my new 4.88's and Detroit.
It's a very stout cover made from 3/8" plate on the flange and 1/4" plate for the rest and the seams are welded on the inside and smoothed on the outside. I also painted the housing with gloss black Hammerite before I slapped the axle back under my rig...got tired of looking at the surface rust. :p

Attachments

• agf00003.JPG
    agf00003.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 306

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks great. Nice job. :thumbsup:

Thanks...forgot to mention the cover comes unpainted so i also used silver Hammerite on it.

Looks awesome

That's one damn sexy axle you got there! Very nicely done.

Nice covers, im thinkign of getting some of there covers, to replace my Ghey Chrome one :rolleyes:

Nice looking tires you got there to!!!!! :thumbsup:

Is this what I financed? The silver cover looks good on the gloss black axle. Don't forget to occasionally polish that sucker............. :D

Thanks guys :thumbsup:...lol Bronco, I guess you could say that, I actually bought it way before I put up my parts for sale.

Looks a little showy but it'll dull to a nice dirty patina after a few outings ;) I just figured it was better to paint up everything while it was out from under the truck.

I got a killer deal on the tire and wheel combo...$600 for 4 IROK's and black crawler wheels (36x13.5-16 bias ply). I wasn't in the market for tires just yet let alone another set of wheels but I just couldn't pass the deal up. The guy was only about an hour away from me too. Now I got some fender trimmin to do :p

Dave, are you running those tires all the time now? Or did you keep the Xterrains?

I just couldn't help but try out the IROK's so I slapped them on but I'm gonna wear out the X-terrains on the street. Those IROK's are pretty soft and I don't see them lasting long for street duty.

Looks Awesome- the tires and the cover

Dave It's to clean! :frustrate

Let's go get it dirty! :D

Thanks rino :D

I know I know stic-o...beleive me I want to get it dirty, I just need to get the front geared to match the rear :rolleyes:

Back