"new" early bronco (concept) | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

"new" early bronco (concept)

Originally posted by 410Fortune
DONT get me wrong, I would love to have an electric winch for my truck! but for the $$$$ I have chose to spend it on other things, such as a trail rated MP3 player and trail rated leather seats! hahaha

Oh geez and your saying 2 winches = bling bling!!!

hahahahahahahaha:D ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

okay okay so at least I use the leather and the MP3's! A front and rear winch would get used, what MAYBE once or twice a year?

hahaha besides a rear winch is there for what? to winch your buddy up behind you? it would be really handy for getting something up onto a flatbed trailer, but other then that, 98% of the time you need a winch up front, to recover your own vehicle............

Originally posted by 410Fortune
okay okay so at least I use the leather and the MP3's! A front and rear winch would get used, what MAYBE once or twice a year?

hahaha besides a rear winch is there for what? to winch your buddy up behind you? it would be really handy for getting something up onto a flatbed trailer, but other then that, 98% of the time you need a winch up front, to recover your own vehicle............

What about when there is no anchor points in front, only behind? Or what if you simply want to go back out of the mudhole or trail rather than deeper into a bad situation? I'm sure there are lots of good applications for a rear winch! ;)

Ed

Ya know Ed makes a good point.

Even though he can't operate a computer
lamer.gif

CAN YOU SAY "CONCEPT CAR"? How many of them actually make it to production and how many make it without major changes, hardly any. The whole idea of concept cars is to gauge peoples reactions to to various trends, NOT to show what they are PLANNING, in fact the automakers spend millions just to keep secret what the coming models will be like. Ford does listen to consumers, it was consumer demand that saved the Mustang from becoming a fwd made by Mazda.
HOWEVER, I will bet my last nickel that of all the people that whine about what a new Bronco should be like, less than 10% will actually buy a new one and that is based on a heck of a lot of sales experience.

You know?

If they gave it really good ground clearance, and did go all wheel drive like the new VW would that be so bad. You have it so the power tranfers to the wheel that need it most. You could have 1 wheel on the ground and it would still go. Then you add air!;) So you could raise and lower each wheel. Wheel up in the air? Hit a switch and the wheel goes to the ground. I know.... I know..:confused: :confused:

Sorry first day back to work today from a week and half off.:rolleyes: I'm little crazy today

I like the EB styling of the concept, but not the drivetrain.

EZ fix: Take that body (maybe tone it down just a little) and drop it onto an '03 Explorer Sport chassis with larger tires. Then you would have a truck that looks aggressive, is pretty capable off-road, and fairly comfortable on road and uses parts that are already on the shelves.

Save all that "high tech" front wheel drive/occasional 4wd crap for the mini vans/crossovers and commuter cars that, at most, see a little snow. You don't want something complicated to break down on the trail and get you stranded.

later,
Mike

That Jeep rescue lookes cool as hell it even has coilovers attached to the seats so that the ride is more comfortable offroad. As for Ford we should revolt and burn this "bronco" to the ground. this whole trend of better ride via IFS/IRS is horsesh@$ and needs to be stopped. The slogan for FOrd should change from "Have you driven a Ford lately?" to "WHy would you want a Ford at all?" Sorry guys but i think my X is the last Ford I will ever own unless i can afford one of the new GT supercars. I think ill get a wrangler rubicon before they go to the new engine in 05

Well I got a call from My buddy last night who claims to have seen the Bronco Concept on tv last night. It was being said be rolling off the production line for delivery in 2004.

So it looks as though concept meets the public. I guess ou could always get one then slap some solid axles under it.

um, i dont think so. it doesnt even make its first show debut until next week. its already 2004, so if it were coming out as an 04 model it would have been all over the net for at least a year now.

going by mere looks- it looks good. i guess the boxy look is in.

I think I overspoke for my buddy. I rushed him on the phone cause my wife was watching something.

What he saw was something about new cars being unveiled at the Detroit auto show. Exactlyas JamesT stated.

You are right ......... I was wrong ......

You are smart ....I am not so smart....

You are good looking .....I'm not so good looking ....

waaaahhh waaaaahh :D

I remember talks from Ford about a year ago stating the fact of wanting to bring back the bronco name and maybe turning the Explorer Sport into the Bronco.

Originally posted by AlaskanJack
I think I overspoke for my buddy. I rushed him on the phone cause my wife was watching something.

What he saw was something about new cars being unveiled at the Detroit auto show. Exactlyas JamesT stated.

You are right ......... I was wrong ......

You are smart ....I am not so smart....

You are good looking .....I'm not so good looking ....

waaaahhh waaaaahh :D

Don't be so hard on yourself Jack... let us do that.

Ed

from an edmunds review

the Bronco concept uses the same four-wheel-drive system that will be introduced on the 2005 Ford Escape.

:fire:if that is indeed true....
FORD :shoot:

Not only ugly, but pointless on top of that.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What is this about a FACTORY "nitrous kit" on the new bronco? Take a look, third paragraph.

New bronco

Back