"new" early bronco (concept) | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

"new" early bronco (concept)

Originally posted by nweibley
Hrm... if you were rich it would be something great to rip all the puny suspension out of and swap solid axles under.... that said... looks too mean stock for what its got attached to the frame ... or unibody... but hopefully not unibody...

Like this?

Attachments

• mvc-009f.jpg
    mvc-009f.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 1,407

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by Big Green
What is this about a FACTORY "nitrous kit" on the new bronco? Take a look, third paragraph.

New bronco

Now how did I miss this

Using the latest common-rail fuel-injection technology, the 2.0-liter intercooled turbodiesel engine puts out 128 horsepower and 244 pound-feet of torque. But that's not all. The added kick of a nitrous oxide system provides a temporary boost of up to 50 hp and a three-second improvement in quarter-mile times at the mere push of a button.

ok, obviously you guys arent up on diesel slang. from my second post on the first page-

Originally posted by james t
[pre-rant] i like the styling. the little diesel on drugs is also cool as hell. with that said... [/pre-rant]
guess what "drugs" is slang for? :D ;)

I think its neat that the factory is using Nitrous on it...:)
maybe it'll catch on and they will have fill stations at your local shell station

"D"

I actually kind of like it. With a short wheelbase like that, I'm betting it would be a pretty good lil' 4X4. I hope they don't use IRS, but I am pretty impressed. Quite frankly, I would rather see a larger, more beastly Bronco like the early 90's and early 80's with the superduty front and a V10. Now that would be a beast. :D

Originally posted by AlaskanJack
I know why doesn't ford try to go grab the Jeep market sare and throw some 60's under front and rear. I hate it that Jeep builds what people want.

Sorry guys but there is only one Jeep;)

Originally posted by james t
ok, obviously you guys arent up on diesel slang. from my second post on the first page-

guess what "drugs" is slang for? :D ;)

Dang James you are like my WIFE I can't read your mind speak clearly with no code words!!!!!! Dang!!!

Yeah, but what good are "drugs" goin to do ya with a Ford Escape drivetrain.

If so, the Escape is going to have one hellava dricetrain for it's weight.

I am guessing this is what our next Sport will look like. This has been rumored since at least 2001. I like it.

The spartan interior (when was the last time you say a concept with roll down windows) is a breath of fresh air. While the styling is close to the Hummer series stuff from GM, its lil Ute size and ford flair may be a shot against the wrangler and tracker's bow. A long needed model in my opinion.

The IRS seems to be the way ALL SUVs are going. My IFS is pretty good off-road, i do loose some clearence, but not enough to bother me. Since most of us even offroaders won't be rock crawling, i can see why ford went with this.

Now, I've heard rumors this will be the SAME platform they will be using to reintroduce the defender... anyone else heard this?

wow.. just saw this about the jeep rescue pictured ealier in the thread...

"Powered by a 325-hp Cummins turbo diesel engine that produces an astounding 600 ft-lbs of torque, Rescue has an 80 inch wide chassis with a 122.3 inch wheelbase, all riding on 37-inch Goodyear MT/R run-flat tires. In addition, the tires can also be aired up and down from within the cab and the suspension can also raise up an additional 4 inches."

i never knew everyone hated the escape so much-

although i can't see it being capable as an offroad vehicle in any way it certainly has its good qualities and it has certainly helped ford to make money.

my brothers '01 drives handles really well and is very snappy for a small suv. We have only added exhaust, intake, chip, and lowering springs performance wise and i'm very impressed. That is where ford is beating jeep and that is the future of all vehicles sold in our country. if you want to offroad why in the world don't you just buy an older vehicle? I've never understood wheeling anything that is remotely new.

Read this ....

Bronco

The Bronco concept goes back to the days when the sport utility vehicle was built to go off-road where no other vehicle would dare traverse. Its gutsy turbo-diesel reaches peak 244 lbs./ft. torque at just 1,800 rpm, and provides limited-time overboost of 258 lbs./ft. at full throttle for steep climbing. For an even greater power kick, holding down the N20 button injects a stream of nitrous oxide, delivering a temporary 60-hp boost to clear that really tough off-road obstacle.

Now thts kinda funny...:D

Originally posted by expo5.0
i never knew everyone hated the escape so much-
i personally dont hate the escape at all. its a nice little truck for what it is. i just hate the idea of Ford possibly bringing back the bronco on a front wheel drive car platform. the Bronco name stands for something the car chassis can not deliver.

Ford has a great opportunity to build a Rubicon/Wrangler fighter, and if this is it then they are really dropping the ball. there is no doubt they could put that body on a real frame, slap solid axles under the front and rear with front and rear coils and give the Rubi a run for its money.

sideways motor in a Bronco = :rainbow:

Originally posted by jasonb
wow.. just saw this about the jeep rescue pictured ealier in the thread...

"Powered by a 325-hp Cummins turbo diesel engine that produces an astounding 600 ft-lbs of torque, Rescue has an 80 inch wide chassis with a 122.3 inch wheelbase, all riding on 37-inch Goodyear MT/R run-flat tires. In addition, the tires can also be aired up and down from within the cab and the suspension can also raise up an additional 4 inches."

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Now why can't Ford think this way. I like the engigne but not to sure about the ARC system. But I mean hey a 37" MT/R runflat that can be aired down from inside the cab. Must have been an Offroad freak on the design team!!!

Aw man I just saw pics of the prototype and it looks good.
rescue10.jpg

Plus here is what it says also
AC electric power (10 kW) generation in the field
3-D topographical mapping software and topographical navigation system
Under- chassis, point-of-view cameras for avoiding danger in its path
Passive, infrared (thermal) cameras for search and rescue
Satellite telephone; VHF radio, digital video recorder with satellite transmission capability
Retractable 4-point harnesses for vehicle occupants
Exterior perimeter lighting
White LEV lighting for long distance visual search and reduced power use
Folding seats in rear compartment of vehicle
Remote control winch – front and back

some in action shots
rescue09_t.jpg

rescue07.jpg

rescue08.jpg

rescue11.jpg

I'd buy one!!!!!!!! That's sweet!

I hate to say it but have to admit, thats impressive! But how big is the overall demand for a hardcore off-raod vehicle? To most people the ability to do some serious off roading in a stock vehicle is only a perk, not a necessity.

What is the projected price for one of those Jeeps?

How many Rubicons did Jeep sell last year?

How many FX-4's did Ford sell?

What about Range Rover, how many Disco's do they sell yearly?

Clearly there is a market for off road packages and trail worth off road rigs right from the dealer, allbeit a small market, but a market none the less. You cant ignore that.
Why do you think Honda makes SUV"s now? Because if they didnt get into the SUV market they would have been SOL

The same reason Nissan and Toyota build full size trucks now, because they were losing their ass to Dodge, Ford, DC in the US..........

If there is a market, even a small one, you gotta have a product to at least try and compete....Ford is not going to steal Jeeps spot in the offroad market, not with any "CUte Yute" anyways, but they gotta offer something....
I really like the looks of that BRONCO concept, but thats about as far as it goes for me........looks

Now I hate to say it but for Ford this is a GREAT idea. We all rag on teh H2 because underneath its nothing more then a Tahoe, and we know how far a Tahoe will go off road, but thats doesnt stop John Q Public from buying them, because they look like a tough ass off road beast, right?

So say you are in the market for a Cute Yute, you are looking at the Escape, the Liberty, the Freelander and here you come to the Ford dealer and see this Bronco!!! OH HECK YEAH a Bronco?? WOW It looks tough = they will sell just like the H2. I mean look at the Xterra, how many people do you know that got an Xterra because they are serious off road vehicles? How many do you think bought Xterra's because they LOOK the part?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by 410Fortune
How many Rubicons did Jeep sell last year?

How many FX-4's did Ford sell?

What about Range Rover, how many Disco's do they sell yearly?

I wonder how many of those people actually drive the vehicle off road?

Then again all those people that buy the H2 probably don't need it either.

The little guy (new bronco) looks good to me but with them making it that small i wonder why they did not call it a BII and then roll out a new BRONCO later. Kinda like with the Explorer then Expedition then Excursion. Start small and get bigger.

Back