"new" early bronco (concept) | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

"new" early bronco (concept)

Of those 3 vehicles actually I would say a good percentage of them actually do go off road, at least a little.

Its the H2's, teh Liberty's and the Xterra's that sometimes see dirt..........but I think most Disco owners, Rubi owners and at least a few FX4 owners actually ocassionally off road ( or at least go camping :) hahaha

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by 99explorer5.0
I think it looks like a boat

Exactly what I was thinking when I saw the side view. A boat with wheels.

thats the funniest damn thing I have seen in a long time!!!

Dang I couldn't get any sound to come through:mad: :mad:

LOL!!!

Jack..it basically says..

FORD,build me right. I'm a 4x4. Put solid axles under me with coils in 4 corners. Give me a 2 speed xfer case, with a lever, no buttons. Build me right so I can kick some Rubicon butt. There are too many poser wheelers out there like TJs.:D

im sorry, but that jeep is badass. i was reading about it on some weird british web page that i cannot recall. it is called the "rescue" and comes with front and rear winches and 37's. the bronco looks kinda cool, and i like the fact that it has a diesel, but irs is a shame.

Originally posted by james t
a message to Ford LMAO!:D

1 hit play
2 watch
3 DO IT AGAIN (like on the AOL commercial)

I must have watched that thing like 10 times

That Jeep Rescue just may be my next 4x4 :D That thing is sweet! It's probably running at least a D-60 in front and a D-80 in the rear to support the 37" tires and 600ft/lbs of torque.

Wake up Ford:rolleyes:

well i sent my 2 cents into ford via e-mail and phone. if this thing goes into production with IRS, it won't be because i didn't say anything.

ford will probably cobble somthing togeather soon. the mad max truck thing seems to be instyle latly.

i'm just tired of seeing these ultra-white fur wearin leach-wives driving around in H2s. Seems to be the only people who drive them are the ones LEAST likly to ever touch a puddle. (The only other people i have seen to dive them are ultra-rich dady's girls who live at the high end malls). Dude, its basically a chevy truck with beefy suspention wearing sheetmetal that looks like it was cut from my Kenmorre fridge.

Originally posted by Rick
That Jeep Rescue just may be my next 4x4 :D That thing is sweet! It's probably running at least a D-60 in front and a D-80 in the rear to support the 37" tires and 600ft/lbs of torque.

Wake up Ford:rolleyes:

Damn... Rick beat me to it :D

I was very dissapointed when I saw the pictures of this Bronco concept vehicle. It has nothing that I would want. However I did recently see this picture of someone else's re-design of Ford's concept and it is definately something that I would buy. The differences between Ford's concept and this one are subtle to the casual observer but the not only make the vehicle much better looking, they also immensly improve it's potential off road ability. The biggest thing is that it would fit in much better with Ford's whole "retro" theme than their current concept.

newbronco.jpg

Note the solid axle, much improved grille and separated bumper, smaller fender flares, thinner body section and same height door and quarter glass. In short it is just what people who love Broncos want, a modern update of the original! Too bad Ford doesn't have any designers on staff that have this sort of vision.

Click here to see both in the same view.
http://www.stevebennettdesigns.com/broncopg.html

Also read here for another discussion on the Bronco concept. http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=210043

P.S. If you engineers from Ford are still reading this message board PLEASE TAKE NOTE. You would sell a ton of Broncos if they looked like this.

I agree that looks much better. But I am not as concerned with the looks of the truck as I am whats underneath!!!
I can change the grill, bumpers, flares, etc myself for off road, but its much harder to change the IRS and IFS out....

It should have:
boxed steel FRAME
Removeable top
weather friendly interior
4.0L SOHC or diesel, a V8 option would also be nice (4.6L?)
SOLID rear axle, coil sprung 4 link
LOW RANGE t case, manual or pushbutton, I dont care

If they did all this I could ALMOST live with the IFS, rip it out and drop in a D44. So Ford should USE THE RANGER PLATFORM

NO AWD, no height control, no side curtain airbags, etc etc. Keep it simple, Ford could really learn a few things from DC for this market. They should be forced to spend a week off roading with a early bronco club or a Jeep club........

A little message to Ford, I bought my X because it was a tough little sport utility vehicle. I wheeled it when it was stock, and have modified it to be more off-roadable.
I bought it before it was trendy to own an X.

Look at the H2, way overpriced and really not a great off-road vehicle. But the perception is that it is like a real HUMVEE.

If Ford thinks that any self respecting off-roader would even look at a IRS, IFS crossover then we know why they want to equip the new Bronco with nitrous (yuppie crack). Come on Ford Motor Company throw us a bone, or at least a truck thats got balls instead of overies. Don't disgrace the Bronco name.

Found some good pics of her

Bronco Pics

2004-Ford-Bronco-Concept-Front-1024x768.jpg

Notice the CV's?:rolleyes: Why are they at like 45*

Sorry It's so big!:(

WTF

well it's a love or hate it thing I guess....

not crazy about the look but it'll grow on me, would be alot nicer with the 6.0 from a 350 and.... strangely getting a....never mind (mods just make me....)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You know you can edit your post to contain the information instead of double posting...

Back