• Register Today It's free!

New England Resources

Milhaus

Reaction score
City, State
Boston, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Ford Explorer Sport
Its pretty quiet here but I thought I'd ask since I am only lately getting into doing my own work on my ex.

Are there any particularly good junk/salvage yards where I can pull my own parts? Maybe a place that has a lot of domestic trucks/suvs?

I'd be willing to drive a couple of hours if its a good place.

What about new springs? Can anyone recommend a place that sells/builds leaf springs for a reasonable price? I have the mono leaf on my sport and I'd to swap out those for the springs from the 4 door. I know there are places that sell them online but I'd rather put my funds towards parts rather than shipping.

I need to replace my rear shackles before they rust apart and I figure as long as I'm doing that work I ought to just upgrade my springs.

Im from the boston area, there are a ton of junk yards in the Lynn Ma area and Revere. You could get 4 door leafs from a junkyard and have the junk yard take them off the truck for you or http://www.sdtrucksprings.com/ sells 4 door leafs at a good price. Shackles are easy enough to get at any autozone or advanced auto parts. If you are looking for lit shackles Warrior Products 153 shackles are what you want. I have a pair I ended up not using when I lifted my explorer last month, if your interested.

Sam's Pull A Part junkyard near me in Worcester is pretty good. Your car is getting to be on the older side of what they have though. They don't have the newest either, but I bet my generation (2006'ish) is probably in there by now.

I'm just over the NH border and usually have or can get any ex part you could need. I just sold 3 8.8's and a couple multi leaf packs last month.

Back