• Register Today It's free!

New England special edition...

RN2003AZ

Reaction score
City, State
Massachusetts
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Platinum
Saw a commercial last night for a special New England edition Ex. Anybody know anything? I'm dying! It looks like it's a dark red color, and if it is, I want it! I have a PM out to Cory and an email out to my salesman, but thought you guys might have an answer. Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Saw a commercial last night for a special New England edition Ex. Anybody know anything? I'm dying! It looks like it's a dark red color, and if it is, I want it! I have a PM out to Cory and an email out to my salesman, but thought you guys might have an answer. Thanks!
RN2003AZ,

I did a search in the 2013MY Explorer Order Guide and found goose egg. It might be a regional special. I’ll send a note to my adviser. :):thumbsup:

Cory

Thanks Cory. Still waiting to hear back from the dealer too.

I would imagine it is a regional thing. We get Texas Editions and Lonestar Editions on things like trucks around here all the time. Usually it involves different badges, wheels, and/or package content changes. More often than not, you get a little more equipment at a better price.

I would be interested to know what this Explorer has that makes it special.

So my dealer knows nothing about it. Nothing on their ordering info. Claims theres no such thing. I replayed the commercial (dvr from the Olympics) and he says it's just an offer ad advertising the 24 mo/$249 lease. But it blatenly states a special NewEngland edition Ex. Help!

Hopefully it won't have a red sox tie in, those pathetic losers......

It actually showed the logo at the very end... I wish I could find it online. There's no way to get it from my dvr to the computer or I'd email it you guys and the dealer. Ugh!

Thanks Cory. Still waiting to hear back from the dealer too.
...I replayed the commercial (dvr from the Olympics)...
You’re very welcome, RN2003AZ; please stay tuned!

You could take a picture and post it from the recorded commercial. :)

I would imagine it is a regional thing. We get Texas Editions and Lonestar Editions on things like trucks around here all the time...
That’s what I was thinking, VinceL. I should get an answer soon.

Cory

Take a vid of the commercial with your camera/phone and upload it to youtube...

I saw this commercial this morning. It looked like a regular Kodiak Brown Ex to me!

Definitely Kodiak Brown. Most likely badges, mats and small package like that.

Saw a commercial last night for a special New England edition Ex. Anybody know anything? I'm dying! It looks like it's a dark red color, and if it is, I want it!...
I would imagine it is a regional thing...
RN2003AZ & VinceL,

My adviser got back with me and confirmed this is a regional package. The best way to get more details is through your local Ford dealer Sales Manager. :)

I would also add that the “dark red’ color described sounds like “Ruby Red”: an optional tinted clear coat finish that’s available on XLT and Limited for $395. It will also be one of four colors (along with Platinum White, Black, and Silver) available on the Sport. It looks fantastic in person!

I saw this commercial this morning...
Take a vid of the commercial with your camera/phone and upload it to youtube...
...Most likely badges, mats and small package like that.
Javelin62, Joe Dirt, & RonJrSVCMGR,

Thanks for the help, guys.

Now I want to see this commercial. LOL I’m feeling left out! ;)

Cory

Cory, thanks! Also got your PM.

My dealer claims to know nothing about this edition. They acted like I was crazy when I called about it last week. I really hate to call them back and bug them again.

Would anyone else in the NE area be willing to call and inquire?

Thanks.

Cory, thanks! Also got your PM.

My dealer claims to know nothing about this edition. They acted like I was crazy when I called about it last week. I really hate to call them back and bug them again.

Would anyone else in the NE area be willing to call and inquire?

Thanks.

That is pretty bad that the dealer doesn't even know what is going on with their regional advertising. You would think most dealers would know way ahead of time for any commercials so they could prepare for sales

Really no different than dealers knowing nothing about the cars they're selling...

So Cory came through and got answers! Called my specific dealer and they're saying it's just the XLT with the goodies of the 202A pkg. Spoke to the same guy I talked to last week who knew nothing about it when I called on Friday. Glad to know I'm not missing out on something since that's exactly what I have ordered. Kinda wondering if another dealer would give a different answer. Thanks all!

So Cory came through and got answers! Called my specific dealer and they're saying it's just the XLT with the goodies of the 202A pkg...Glad to know I'm not missing out on something since that's exactly what I have ordered...
You got it, RN2003AZ! I’m glad you’re getting the “New England” edition Explorer after all. :D

Cory

Here's the scoop on the "New England Special Edition" Explorer

:eek:

This is straight from my Ford dealer in Agawam, Massachusetts ...

" New England Ford Dealers put together a "special" Explorer with certain equipment i.e. leather, rear view camera etc. which let us put a GREAT lease deal on it. The deal is $249 per month base payment with
$3500.00 down. Ford gave New England Dealers additional incentives and special lease rates to get to this deal. That is why it is a "New England Edition".

We ordered 25 additional Explorers to support this promotion. We did very what we ordered because not everyone wants to lease. "

'Hope this answers some questions !!!

grrtrainman

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...This is straight from my Ford dealer in Agawam, Massachusetts...
Thanks a bunch for the details, grrtrainman. :):thumbsup: Please be sure to check with your dealer because all offers are subject to change.

Cory

Back