New exhaust and Stereo install on my 2014 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New exhaust and Stereo install on my 2014

Only1Badboy

Reaction score
City, State
St. Paul Minnesota
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Police Util
20200719_150356.jpg
20200719_100506.jpg

received_609808339936592.jpg

Exhaust.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice work on the stereo install. Interesting exhaust color. Which mufflers did you use? Do you get any flutter at idle without baffled tips?

Nice work on the stereo install. Interesting exhaust color. Which mufflers did you use? Do you get any flutter at idle without baffled tips?

Thanks ! No flutter at all at idle, at first it was idling high. It is breaking in. I just dropped it off again for them to take the resonators off. I used Thrush 17655's. The reason for the color is that the truck is getting repainted in a few weeks. IT is going to be Cement grey with Copper accents :)

Nice! such a cool color! Try and post a sound clip if you can! Looking forward to seeing it when its complete.

Nice! such a cool color! Try and post a sound clip if you can! Looking forward to seeing it when its complete.

Will do I will tonight. Mine is the 3.7 N/A PIU so it does sound decent, I will need to do some sound dampening for sure. I do not enjoy the drone. lol I just ordered Some 150 Mil sound dampening insulation that is going on top of the 80 mil that I have already:)

Fun fact- lol I had to take it back in and have them flip the mufflers in the correct direction lol So I asked them to pull the hangers tighter....IT LOOKS SO MUCH better.
Click Youtube link for Cold start and idle- it is a little tinny on the high rpms

Back