New Explorer - Help with Speaker Options | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Explorer - Help with Speaker Options

sminto

Reaction score
City, State
Mobile, AL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 EB
I am new to the forum and have a couple of questions I hope someone can answer. I just got a new 2003 Eddie Bauer and was thinking of doing some minor upgrades to the audio. I am one who wants it to look stock so I am going to keep the HU (for now!)

As far as I understand the speakers right now include a 4" midrange and 1" tweeter in the front (in an enclosure - explaination of that would help) and 5"x7" in the back.

I was going to get some Boston Acoustics (I have them in my home and like them) for replacements.

What are my options?

The ones I have come up with are:
1.) 5" x 7" in all 4 door
2.) 4" mids/1" tweeter in front & 5" x 7" in back

No. 2 sounds good if this is possible, which gets back to the front enclosure.

Any help would be appreciated

For the 5x7s (and the rest of your system for that matter), go with Infinity. In my opinion, they make the best sounding speakers and they can handle a beating, which is something to think about if you ever decide to amp your system for a louder and more crisp sound.

I think i threw two sets of Infinity Reference 5007 (maybe?) in my explorer and i LOVE them. My only regret was buying them from a retail store when i saw them for nearly half price on ebay the next week.

-=bmacd=-

I guess to be more specific - can I use the enclosure of the front speakers, remove the speakers, and put new ones in.

Also, has anyone got a picture of the stock front speakers of the eddie bauer with the door panel off. (I know, I could just take my door panels off, but I was hoping not to have to until I was ready to install.)

Thanks

Back