New Explorer!

xder345

Reaction score
City, State
Durham, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited 4WD
Hi all!

So we just picked up our new Explorer this past Saturday and we couldn't be happier. It replaced a 2005 Freestyle that we also absolutely adored.

Here are the details:

Deep Impact Blue, black interior
302A package
Tow package (although U-Haul might have something to say about that...)
20" polished wheels
2nd row console with captain's chairs
Dual Panel moonroof

Somebody told me that I'm not an official member without posting pics, so here you are:

Showroom floor:
2013-05-11_17.45.21.jpg

The misses all happy-like:
2013-05-11_17.47.12.jpg

A brand new set of WeatherTech floor mats for all three rows arrived at the house today.
Also ordered a custom CoverCraft sun shade (with the obligatory Explorer Limited signage).
Front windows tinted to 35% as of this morning...no pics of that yet...

Cheers.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice I love the blue

Hi all!

So we just picked up our new Explorer this past Saturday and we couldn't be happier...

Sweet Explorer, xder345! Welcome to the forum and congratulations to you and the Missus on the new ride! I'm Crystal, the friendly Ford Customer Service Representative around these parts; if you ever need any assistance, I'm always just a few mouse clicks away. :)

Crystal

Congrats, and thanks for posting the pics of your new ride:chug:

Sweet Explorer, xder345! Welcome to the forum and congratulations to you and the Missus on the new ride! I'm Crystal, the friendly Ford Customer Service Representative around these parts; if you ever need any assistance, I'm always just a few mouse clicks away. :)

Crystal

Thanks, Crystal. I've been reading these forums for a few days now and I LOVE the fact that we have Ford Reps here taking care of our concerns, etc.

Awesome. This will be our 4th Ford vehicle since 1999 (we tend to keep cars roughly 10 years) and I hope this one lasts us a good long time.

Thanks, Crystal. I've been reading these forums for a few days now and I LOVE the fact that we have Ford Reps here taking care of our concerns, etc.

Awesome. This will be our 4th Ford vehicle since 1999 (we tend to keep cars roughly 10 years) and I hope this one lasts us a good long time.

You're welcome, xder345! Thank you for your loyalty to Ford! :D

Crystal

Hi all!

So we just picked up our new Explorer this past Saturday and we couldn't be happier. It replaced a 2005 Freestyle that we also absolutely adored.

Here are the details:

Deep Impact Blue, black interior
302A package
Tow package (although U-Haul might have something to say about that...)
20" polished wheels
2nd row console with captain's chairs
Dual Panel moonroof

Somebody told me that I'm not an official member without posting pics, so here you are:

A brand new set of WeatherTech floor mats for all three rows arrived at the house today.
Also ordered a custom CoverCraft sun shade (with the obligatory Explorer Limited signage).
Front windows tinted to 35% as of this morning...no pics of that yet...

Cheers.
Congratulations xder345. You are now an 'Official' member. :D:thumbsup:

Peter

Congrats, welcome and love it in the blue with the polished 20's Good choice hope you enjoy it.

Good looking ride, love the color.

The blue is actually my favorite color, it's too bad they don't offer the sport in it because I think it would be perfect!

Congrats, I'm sure you'll be happy!

Thanks everybody!

The blue is gorgeous, I agree. We were tossing up the Deep Impact Blue or the Kodiak Brown. the Freestyle was also a dark blue with black interior. I don't think any of our neighbours have actually noticed that we got a new car!

Here's a pic of the Freestyle (unfortunately being towed to a dealer in 2008 because of electrical issues (fixed under warranty)). It never gave is any problems ever again. Also a Limited AWD.

20080122-24_Disney_Casio%20004.jpg

You wont be dissapointed. I love my explorer. I have 2011 limited

Congrats!!! You have our identical twin (except we have 301A PKG).

Back