New Ford Diesel Info | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Ford Diesel Info

nssj2

Reaction score
howdy all! so, as to quell a rivalry between me and some buddies (and maybe add some conversation), does anyone know the deal with the new powerstrokes? there are many "well, i heard from a friend who heard from a friend that...." but i cant seem to find any definite answers. the 6.4 is gone (supposedly) as of the end of the 08' model year. theyre bringing in another one from international for 09 (supposedly). too bad they annexed the 7.3 :( . then there are rumors of them going in house for the new power plant, because international wanted too much for the new engine, to meet 2010 emmission requirements. then there is also talk of ford using a cummins and dodge losing their contract with cummins. ive seen the post on here a while back, but cant locate it for some reason. anyone? anything?

p.s. didnt ford used to own cummings?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

All I know there is a lot of bad blood between Ford and International over diesel engines as of late due to mostly warranty cost on the power strokes and who's gonna pay for it and Ford is claiming International owes them money. Now International is sueing Ford over a diesel engine they were developing for Ford for the F-150 apparently Ford dumped the idea and International is claiming there taking the project in house to finish developing on there own.

added some links here about the lawsuits
http://www.ttnews.com/articles/basetemplate.aspx?storyid=17717

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/01/13/engine-wars-ford-sues-international/

I think the talk about Dodge not using Cummings anymore was because Mercedes wanted to switch to one of their own diesel engines in the Dodge trucks. Now that Dodge is no longer owned by Mercedes I'm going to guess that they are going to stick with Cummings which would be a wise move.

dodge may want to stick with cummins, but its a matter of if cummins wants to stick with them. its all a numbers game these days. and the articles were a good read.

i just read 2 weeks ago about a 4.4 liter diesel in a f-150 is that the same in house ford engine you are thinking of cybergasm ?? im guessing its small size would be a striaght 6 might even fit in my first gen :) ohhh wait diesel fuel is 50 cents over premee gas here now scratch that idea

Back