New Ford SUV - The Crosstrainer

TPLYNCH

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Brewster, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XLS

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Damn it with their smallers and sportier SUV crap! I suppose the market for that is way bigger than that of an off road worthy one. What next?

The crosstrainer????

They can't be serious........

What good will a taurus be with a lift kit?

Think about this.......

Ford Own Volvo Right?

Volvo has some sporty looking all wheel drive cars, so why shouldn't Ford cash in on some of these people buying the Volvo's? Mark my words, I bet the CrossTrainer will be a Volvo with Ford Emblems! Maybe even the Volvo XC90 as a Ford............

Originally posted by CBoug76
Volvo has some sporty looking all wheel drive cars, so why shouldn't Ford cash in on some of these people buying the Volvo's? Mark my words, I bet the CrossTrainer will be a Volvo with Ford Emblems! Maybe even the Volvo XC90 as a Ford............
I highly doubt "Crosstrainer" will be anything like Volvo's. Why would Ford make a vehicle that will take away sales from Volvo? It will compete with Toyota Highlander, Honda Pilot and such...mid-sized SUVs with a car-like feel. If it were to be a Ford badged Volvo, the price will be high and it will have to compete with luxury SUVs such as Lexus RX300, Acura MDX, BMW X5...and those cars are pretty tough to beat.

years ago station wagons were popular. so everyone made a wagon. then overkill changed peoples minds. i think i'm starting to hate SUVs:redexp:

Nah it will be a yuppified Taurus. Probably will turn out like a Pontiac Aztec.

2 years down the road. What a crock! Chrysler can go from concept to reality in a year. The engineeers that rode with us from Ford said it takes 5years for Ford to do the same thing! They have missed the boat by then!

FORD-The industry leader in trailing edge technology :D !! I'm still amazed at how Ford continues to hold itself back from being competitive in the new product market.

Originally posted by Rick
Nah it will be a yuppified Taurus. Probably will turn out like a Pontiac Aztec.

2 years down the road. What a crock! Chrysler can go from concept to reality in a year. The engineeers that rode with us from Ford said it takes 5years for Ford to do the same thing! They have missed the boat by then!

Couldn't agree more. They introduce something that seems really great in a concept vehicle and then talk and talk and never do anything and then MAYBE 5-10 years down the road they come out with it. And even then it'll probably get recalled about 5 times before they even start selling them like the escapes were.

Sometimes the first isn't always the best. Look at the Explorer. It was nowhere near the first midsize SUV. However, because Ford did their homework first and design second, it has been the number one selling midsize SUV since 6 months after introduction. Anyone can slap something together, it takes a little more to do it right. Chrysler designs great 'looking' cars but they are junk. Look at the PT Cruiser, it looks fantastic. Unfortunately, under that awesome skin lies a Neon. What a joke!

I'd buy that for scooting around town and the mtn roads in the winter here in CO if it did come with awd... I think its pretty gook looking... It does look a bit minivanish but I could deal with that...

it's ok. at least it isnt ugly

Back