How to: - New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming | Page 45 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming

Prefix for threads which are instructional.
This is what I ended up buying. Thanks. BT was too finicky for me to try another BT device so I went USB and I'll use my laptop and Forscan. Told my wife I was going to add Bambi lights and she looked at me like...well...Bambi.

Hahahaha.! Bambi Mode Is Sweet.!

I Have 2 Morimoto System 50w (4500K) Too Bright :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Has anyone noticed that the recirculation turns off after an allotted time? Even before the TSB fix for the carbon monoxide? Has anyone found a FORscan value that would prevent it from turning off?

I rarely use recirculation but here is what your 2011 Manual states about it;
Recirculated air may turn off
automatically in all airflow modes except MAX A/C to reduce fog
potential.

Peter

Has anyone noticed that the recirculation turns off after an allotted time? Even before the TSB fix for the carbon monoxide? Has anyone found a FORscan value that would prevent it from turning off?
Yep...!! if you give with the solution you let us know

I saw the values to disable the panic alarm on the 16+, but are they out there somewhere for the 11-15?

I saw the values to disable the panic alarm on the 16+, but are they out there somewhere for the 11-15?
Only See Keyfob Car Finder Setting Maybe Another Member Have Correct Values

720-05-01 (2013+ MY) XXXX xxxx xxxx
Note: Ignore bits marked with "x"

Note: You can add an 8 to this value to enable climate control from IPC, if your vehicle came with this menu missing/disabled.
xx3x (Removes Climate Control Menu from Right Cluster Screen) w/Nav

I'm confused, as I thought on a 2014 Limited all the modules would be present. But these lines just aren't showing up in my options.

Got the double honk taken away. It's a little disorienting at first. Can't seem to figure out the climate control in the right screen. I remember it being in our 2011 XLT.

Anyone gotten active lines in the rear camera working on a 2016+?

Am I loosing my mind? I could have swore I had the ability to turn on my fogs at any time even when in the auto position. I remember driving around with fogs and sig lights while on auto. I went to turn them on the other day and they will only turn on when lights are set to park or on. Auto will work but only at night. I have memory on and highbeams and fogs enabled. Its been a while since I played around in there.

Anyone else able to do or was I imagining things?

Am I loosing my mind? I could have swore I had the ability to turn on my fogs at any time even when in the auto position. I remember driving around with fogs and sig lights while on auto. I went to turn them on the other day and they will only turn on when lights are set to park or on. Auto will work but only at night. I have memory on and highbeams and fogs enabled. Its been a while since I played around in there.

Revert what you did to see if it works again

Fogs should work with auto headlamps on low beam under factory settings. Auto will only work at night because that is the way the sensor works.

Peter

Hello, newbie here. My question revolves around my new 2018 Explorer XLT and using Forscan to disable some things.

I’ve read that Dark Car will work, which is good because I want that option.

But, what about DRL disable (completely disabled, not the low power mode like I have the option to do already). Can this be done, if so, what is the code/option I need to change?

I’d also like the horn honk feature to be turned off when I lock/unlock when pushing the corresponding buttons on my key FOB. Anybody have the info for disabling this?

Last one is disabling the horn honk when the FOB is in my pocket and I walk away from the vehicle while it’s running (at least it’s done that to me a couple times, maybe I’m doing something else to make it do that, lol).

Wanted to make sure any of the info given works on the 2018 model. I don’t see too many posts about using Forscan on this year for these options.

Any info will be greatly appreciated!

Search In My Signature :)

Hello, newbie here. My question revolves around my new 2018 Explorer XLT and using Forscan to disable some things.
I’ve read that Dark Car will work, which is good because I want that option.
But, what about DRL disable (completely disabled, not the low power mode like I have the option to do already). Can this be done, if so, what is the code/option I need to change?
I’d also like the horn honk feature to be turned off when I lock/unlock when pushing the corresponding buttons on my key FOB. Anybody have the info for disabling this?
Last one is disabling the horn honk when the FOB is in my pocket and I walk away from the vehicle while it’s running (at least it’s done that to me a couple times, maybe I’m doing something else to make it do that, lol).

Wanted to make sure any of the info given works on the 2018 model. I don’t see too many posts about using Forscan on this year for these options.

Any info will be greatly appreciated!
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Your thread was moved here. In addition to the replay from MarioMatos, you can do a 'Search' (upper right) within this thread for the double honk and DRL deactivation. You can also use that feature to find threads on the topics; double honk disable/enable with FORscan and DRL??? Can they be turned off?
I would expect that there likely isn't any change for the 2018 but if you plan on using Forscan, you will be able to check that when looking at the programming.

Peter

Hello all,

another newbie here. I got Forscan and tried to add options like Navigation speed cameras but after adding them, I am loosing travellink shortcut in the information section of MFT. Anyone has the same problem and found a solution?

Search In My Signature :)

Mario,

I’m sorry, I can’t seem to find anything related to how to disable the signature led surrounds on my 2018 Explorer in your signature. Maybe I didn’t search it properly (I basically looked at posts you’ve made in the past). I figured out the double horn honk (using Forscan) and am still working on Dark Car mode (think there’s more than one setting for that to function properly).

The only other two things I need to change are disabling the signature LED’s (halos) and disabling the horn honk when locking and unlocking the doors using the key FOB. Any guidance (or link to proper Forscan settings) would be great!

Mario,

I’m sorry, I can’t seem to find anything related to how to disable the signature led surrounds on my 2018 Explorer in your signature. Maybe I didn’t search it properly (I basically looked at posts you’ve made in the past). I figured out the double horn honk (using Forscan) and am still working on Dark Car mode (think there’s more than one setting for that to function properly).

The only other two things I need to change are disabling the signature LED’s (halos) and disabling the horn honk when locking and unlocking the doors using the key FOB. Any guidance (or link to proper Forscan settings) would be great!
I did not see that in any of the documents I looked at either. Perhaps it is not possible. Personally I like the look of the Signature lighting.

Peter

I haven’t seen it in anybody’s Forscan setting listings either. I’ll figure it out (whether it takes an engineer from Intermotive or via finding a fuse that’ll disables it, not holding my breath on the fuse though).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I haven’t seen it in anybody’s Forscan setting listings either. I’ll figure it out (whether it takes an engineer from Intermotive or via finding a fuse that’ll disables it, not holding my breath on the fuse though).
There is no fuse listed in the Manual for the Signature Lighting. For some reason the fuse listings from 2016 on have been reduced from previous model years. Chances are, if there is a fuse for it, the fuse would likely control other items as well. Good luck.

Peter

Back