How to: - New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming | Page 47 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming

Prefix for threads which are instructional.
Thank you for the quick response, i was thinking that's what it meant

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry another newbie here.

Is there a sheet or document anywhere that describes ALL of the various modes and what their names mean?

I've been all over the actual spreadsheets and understand how to update, just wondering what the possible edits mean and do.

"dark mode"
"silent mode"
"Outside Air Temperature HMI and Flank Guard"

Basically a guide of what everything in Column A of this sheet means..
FORScan 2011-2019 Explorers

I did read various Forscan intro documents, and if one answers this I apologize, must have not gotten to it yet.

What I'd basically like to do is remove any and all startup noise, the "do-do-do" when opening/closing the trunk, turning it on, etc...get rid of the double honk.. and add a boost gauge to one of the side displays if possible. The rest of the options look fun, but without knowing exactly what they do I'm a little hesitant to touch them.

Thank you for any and all help, pretty amazing we can edit settings like this !!

Sorry another newbie here.

Is there a sheet or document anywhere that describes ALL of the various modes and what their names mean?

I've been all over the actual spreadsheets and understand how to update, just wondering what the possible edits mean and do.

"dark mode"
"silent mode"
"Outside Air Temperature HMI and Flank Guard"

Basically a guide of what everything in Column A of this sheet means..

I did read various Forscan intro documents, and if one answers this I apologize, must have not gotten to it yet.

What I'd basically like to do is remove any and all startup noise, the "do-do-do" when opening/closing the trunk, turning it on, etc...get rid of the double honk.. and add a boost gauge to one of the side displays if possible. The rest of the options look fun, but without knowing exactly what they do I'm a little hesitant to touch them.

Thank you for any and all help, pretty amazing we can edit settings like this !!

Last page of this spread sheet.

Last page of this spread sheet.
Thanks, not seeing exactly what I'm looking for.

Do you know if there's a way to do the following:
1. Turn off or lower the blinker sound
2. Turn off all chimes when entering or exiting the car
3. Control how bright the cabin lights are
4. Turn off seatbelt reminder

The rest seem pretty straight forward, thank you!

I have not seen a way to lower blinker sound. To tell you the truth I really don’t hear it myself.
Yes you can turn off all the chimes and seatbelt reminders just look at the first sheet I think it is there if not head over to the F150forum.com and look under the 2015 up section then the Forscan sticky first post.

I have not seen a way to dim the inside lights just a way to turn them off. That would be police mode I think

I have not seen a way to lower blinker sound. To tell you the truth I really don’t hear it myself.
Yes you can turn off all the chimes and seatbelt reminders just look at the first sheet I think it is there if not head over to the F150forum.com and look under the 2015 up section then the Forscan sticky first post.

I have not seen a way to dim the inside lights just a way to turn them off. That would be police mode I think
Thank you, much appreciated!

Welcome to the Forum Jeff.:wave:
You may be able to do some with Forscan but I'm not aware of any other way to accomplish what you what with the possible exception of #4.
Chimes are there are a reminder/warning. The "do-do-do" at startup is the seat belt warning. If you have it done up before starting, there is no chime.
As for the seat belt chime, see this thread and see if it works for you; Seat Belt-Minder® deactivating/activating

Peter

Does anyone know if you can use Froscan to enable Remote Start on other models beside Explorer?

Specifically 2011 Fusion?

There is a way to enable it on the 13 up not so sure on the 11. Check with the Fusion forums

Thanks.

This may have been covered in an earlier post but....

Can we have the vehicle running while making all changes? Reason I ask is as I'm in Forscan and go to change settings, my 18 XLT gets the low battery warning. So I won't be able to write to the module. Apparently my battery isn't strong enough to stay on for 15 minutes in accessory mode.

This may have been covered in an earlier post but....

Can we have the vehicle running while making all changes? Reason I ask is as I'm in Forscan and go to change settings, my 18 XLT gets the low battery warning. So I won't be able to write to the module. Apparently my battery isn't strong enough to stay on for 15 minutes in accessory mode.
Same thing in my 17 sport (I've actually gotten it to the point where it cant start it) I ended up hooking up a charger to it and running it at 2 amps to get around it. Would love to have a battery that wasn't so pathetic... I've got a boat that you can run the fridge, radio and lights for days without a problem.

+1 on recommending you hook up a battery charger if you are going to make several changes.

I do all my changes wit the engine running. I have not used a battery charger because mine is a real pain to get to, but yes you need either the engine running or a battery charger on it. Also in OH this time of year it is nice to have a warm place to work, so with the engine running I have that warm place to work.

Good to know I can leave it running, thank you :)

Be careful making changes while the vehicle is running...errors may be possible.

Can Forscan be used to actually show tire pressures on the display of my 2013 XLT?
Same way this guy did it on his Fusion...
Thanks.

Just a side note; no need to use the ‘Write All’ button at bottom of screen like this guy does...that re-writes the entire module.

Best way is to use the ‘Write’ button in the block of code you change (the 720-04-01/2 block)...this writes just the block you changed.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks. So does that mean TPMS can or cannot be displayed in a '13 XLT?

What happened when you tried the change as shown in the video? Other Ford products show the same address for the TPMS.

Back