New Front Bumper | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Front Bumper

slravene

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Charlotte, NC (Home) / Raleigh, NC (School)
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 XLT
Got my new bumper the other day, decided to wheel it this past weekend. So here are some pics. Let me know what you think.

*At the beginning of the day*

picture0046au.jpg

*Climbing the trail*

picture0265je.jpg

*At the end of the day*

picture0331wj.jpg

*Hanging with the Heep*

picture0340tc.jpg

*Just a little extra, that I thought was pretty cool*

picture0405ov.jpg

Hope you enjoy!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'll be honest. I hate the diamond plate. The bumper itself looks great, but is ruined by the plating. Looks tacky. Maybe if you painted it or something.

what color should it be? I was thinking of painting it, but i kinda like how it matches the chrome on the grill part. Any more input?

I say black, but I'm kind of partial to that color. :D It would match the rest of the bumper, and not stick out so much.

so the color is the only thing you dont like?

I like it just how it is...I want one for a first gen.

Looks good :thumbsup: . What size of tubing is that 1.5,1.75? What wall thickness?.

its 1.5 inch tubing, and im not sure of the wall thickness, but it is pretty damn thick i know that. The guy that built it builds buggies and this is the same stuff he uses on the upper sections of the buggies (cages, doors, bumpers, etc) so im not 100% sure, but i don know that when i saw it, it was pretty dang thick.

Yeah, mainly the color is what sticks out so much and makes me not like it. I think it would look fine black. More subtle, I think.

i was thinking about herc'n the whole bumper, how do you think that would look?

slravene said:
i was thinking about herc'n the whole bumper, how do you think that would look?

I'd say right on! Herc rocks, so utilitarian.

Maybee drill some holes in the plate more air flow in the engine bay..
Or a winch behind thier? (Just some options.)
EDIT:After seeing the photo shop thread im votin for black..

yea, me too ;) I think im going to herc the whole thing hopefully itll come out ok.

looks dang good...and if anyone likes it a lot let me know, and I can get you hooked up with the builder

i think it looks extremely good the daimond plate makes it stand out more i like it!

nice lee.. and we gonna have ot get to gether soon (hopefull funds make it workout) so i can check out on the trail.

john im up for a run whenever you wanna go, just let me know.

I'd love to run uwharrie or tellico with some of ya'll that know the area. I just have to have enough advance warning to go home and get my other truck...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

we run URE all the time (at least nissanboy and I do) you are welcome to run anytime, just let us know when you wanna make a run and we can figure it out.

Back