New fuel efficient tire from Goodyear | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New fuel efficient tire from Goodyear

Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. introduced its Assurance Fuel Max all-season tire at its 2009 Dealer Meeting in Washington, D.C., earlier this week.
Compared to the original Assurance tire, Assurance Fuel Max provides 27% less rolling resistance.

"In response to today's economic environment and fluctuating gas prices, drivers everywhere are trying to use less gas. It's all part of a larger consumer trend toward spending money more wisely," says Joey Viselli, Goodyear brand director. "With the new Assurance Fuel Max, Goodyear is offering a fuel-efficient solution, but with great wet and dry traction."
Assurance Fuel Max is engineered with the following features:
* a "Wet Tread Zone" with dual AquaChannel grooves that help evacuate water.
* zig-zagging "micro grooves" and center tread notches for grip in rain or light snow.
* a "Dry Zone" that, with the help of strong shoulder blocks, is designed to enhance handling and grip on dry pavement.

Several sizes of the Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max are shipping now. By April, all 27 sizes, which will cover about 80% of the auto tire segment, will be available for models such as the Pontiac Grand Prix and Chevrolet Impala, minivans such as the Chrysler Town & Country, and hybrids such as the Toyota Prius and Chevrolet Malibu.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Big subject. Most companies claim maximum traction, and lifespan, and handling etc, etc. They are all lying about one or all of each claim. The key is top figure out who is lying the least amount, and what is most important.

Tire shopping is very hard. Most buyers select based on very little personal experience. The reviews of tires should be the most important factors, but those always are grouped together by tire model, sizes and vehicles are mixed in there.

It's good to hear the ads, but disappointing that most are untrue. Keep digging Al, I'm leaning towards the new General tires at the moment. Hopes of longer life for the given prices, and good traction are my big factors.

they must be 1" wide :)

There you go, 235/75/15 size and pump up the volume.

Looks like a re-hash of the same ol' Goodyear tires with maybe a slightly different compound to do a marketing blitz based on higher mileage. A little late with the tire after $4 gas prices, though.

The Goodyear Assurance TripleTred has better tire wear specs, and probably lower rolling resistance. It's a slightly more expensive tire, but seems to be getting the most rave reviews of any daily-driver oriented passenger car tire.

I'll stick with Michelin's LTX M/S for highway use, they seem to offer the lowest rolling resistance in a truck tire that can still make it through deep snow and mud.

Keep digging Al, I'm leaning towards the new General tires at the moment. Hopes of longer life for the given prices, and good traction are my big factors.

Are you looking for sport tires? If so go with the General Grabber UHP tires, I love them.

I think that was it Brian, the price and reviews were near the top. I agree about the Triple Tread, that tire was more than $150 while the tires right behind were under $100. They need to price them based on quality, but you have to be careful, they don't. Michelins are almost always near the top in price, and below the middle in reviews and performance.

Back