New Fuel Pump | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Fuel Pump

TheBeaves26

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Ford Explorer Sport
Need to replace the fuel pump. Anyone know a good one for $50 or less?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Need to replace the fuel pump. Anyone know a good one for $50 or less?

Can't recall what brand I got - probably duralast from autozone, but it has been working fine. The biggest mistake I made was not emptying the fuel tank as an early step in the process. Spilled maybe 5 gallons of gas and scared the daylights out of me.

to add to this , we like to drop the tank enough to unbolt the pump assembly and drop the tank off of it , this avoids dealing with the lines , change the pump and sock and slide it all back together ,

I put in. Works great. Car has been in a field for two years. Its awesome to hear it run again getting a rim and new tires. Then i need fix front bumper.

For Future Reference:

Pictured BELOW is the type/design of Fuel Strainer (aka sock) that was on my original fuel pump

DENSO 9520033

952-0033__ra_p.jpg

NOTE: The BOSCH offering pictured BELOW is not at all like the original from FORD

It's less than 1/2 the size of the factory original from FORD!

BOSCH 68018

68018top__ra_p.jpg

For Future Reference:

Pictured BELOW is the type/design of Fuel Strainer (aka sock) that was on my original fuel pump

DENSO 9520033

952-0033__ra_p.jpg

NOTE: The BOSCH offering pictured BELOW is not at all like the original from FORD

It's less than 1/2 the size of the factory original from FORD!

BOSCH 68018

68018top__ra_p.jpg

Yeah, I bought a Bosch fuel pump once that came with that little square strainer. I didn't use it. I usually just get a full sized one from my local AutoZone, or on eBay (Airtex FS199). The FP's that come with the strainer use that square size because that FP fits many other vehicles.

Airtex FS199 Fuel Pump Strainer for Ford Explorer, Explorer Sport Trac | eBay

Back