New Gauges on the way!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Gauges on the way!!

I painted mine with Krylon gloss black, then low-gloss clear. It looks very close to the original, without the rubber texture. I've heard Plasti-dip spray is close to stock and will give you the same rubber texture, but I havent tried it yet.

pic ***** time: (Al, you should have seen this coming :D )

DSCF1785.jpg

I was waitin' for it !:D On a side note I'm doing my tranny repair this weekend, I'll let you know how it turns out.

( Sorry for the mini high jack.) We now return to the thread already in progress!:thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I painted mine with Krylon gloss black, then low-gloss clear. It looks very close to the original, without the rubber texture. I've heard Plasti-dip spray is close to stock and will give you the same rubber texture, but I havent tried it yet.

DSCF1785.jpg

Amazing...So you know I have to ask where you got that radio bezel...
That looks factory...amazing:eek:

Amazing...So you know I have to ask where you got that radio bezel...
That looks factory...amazing:eek:

Thanks, I made it. I cut up a stock radio bezel and a cheap Ebay gauge pod and 'glassed them together.

311758900_tp.jpg

Check my 4bt swap thread below (starting on page 2, post 31), I have a few pics of me building it.

Thanks, I made it. I cut up a stock radio bezel and a cheap Ebay gauge pod and 'glassed them together.

311758900_tp.jpg

Check my 4bt swap thread below (starting on page 2, post 31), I have a few pics of me building it.

WOW:eek:
Your whole build is way beyond my abilities.
Still up in the air on matching my paint. Never heard of low gloss clear. Does that tone down the glossy Krylon? Or am I just using the wrong paint.
I think I tend to overcomplicate these type of things and end up spending way more then if I were to do it right the first time.;)

Here's the one I bought from JEGS. http://www.jegs.com/i/Moroso/710/23710/10002/-1

It has the sensor port on top already. If I remember correctly the sensor comes with the adapter for the port.

Found this on Amazon. I shop there alot. Came to about $10 cheaper then Jegs but not sure about the adapter.I should be able to get any fittings locally here so no big deal.
Are you running a full size filter on your truck ?

Attachments

• 51gXN4V+cOL__SL500_AA300_.jpg
    51gXN4V+cOL__SL500_AA300_.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 390

Any fittings can be had at home depot or lowes. And yes, full size filter. Same one as the oil filter. Whatever lists for v6 sohc, can't remember the number right now. (Fram ph8? NAPA 1515 maybe?) That is the right one. You can get the adapter at the depot as well.

Any fittings can be had at home depot or lowes. And yes, full size filter. Same one as the oil filter. Whatever lists for v6 sohc, can't remember the number right now. (Fram ph8? NAPA 1515 maybe?) That is the right one. You can get the adapter at the depot as well.

The V-8 has a smaller then average oil filter due to space issues. Thats why I was asking. Guess I shouldnt sweat the small stuff.

WOW:eek:
Your whole build is way beyond my abilities.
Still up in the air on matching my paint. Never heard of low gloss clear. Does that tone down the glossy Krylon? Or am I just using the wrong paint.
I think I tend to overcomplicate these type of things and end up spending way more then if I were to do it right the first time.;)

There's no such thing as beyond your abilities, Its just something you havent done yet.

Yes, low gloss clear is...well, clear that isnt as glossy. Clear coat is just to protect the base coat. It can be glossy, satin, flat, etc. There's no rule that says clear has to be glossy.

Let me check and see exactly what they called it, It might be satin or low-gloss. I check when i get home.

just installed my pod and guages today hope this helps anyone searching
guage.png

DSCF1785.jpg

werr can i get a radio bezel like yours with the gauge pod were the vents were. i have been wanting to do this for a long time,,please help...thank's kelly:rangergreen:

werr can i get a radio bezel like yours with the gauge pod were the vents were. i have been wanting to do this for a long time,,please help...thank's kelly:rangergreen:

You cant get one... You have to make it like I did.

Back