• Register Today It's free!

New guy from Boone County WV

Pro Mod

Reaction score
City, State
Boone County, WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Explorer Sport
Hello everybody. I stumbled onto this site through Google searching. It greatly helped me calibrate my replacement keyless entry fob some time back. Then as I was Google searching how to fix my driver side window switches (thanks to you, I have determined it is the window lock panel), I figured I would register and become part of the community since you have been so helpful both times.

I am from Boone County WV, and I've ALWAYS been a big Ford fan. My first ride back in 1996 was the 1987 Mustang LX 5.0 that I still have to this day. It has been a car to learn how to work on, to a bolt-on street car, to a very aggressive street racer, and now retired back to almost stock trim in preparation of giving it to my little cousin. I also own a 500 rwhp SVT Lightning that has basically been a Pandora's Box LOL. It is still my favorite ride though. I've owned other Mustangs in the past as well.

But I bought my 1998 Explorer Sport about a year ago. I needed a daily driver through these harsh WV winters we've been having lately, and it fit the bill perfectly. It had 130,000 miles on it at the time, and was very well taken care of. It has the usual rear-end sag, and a tiny spot of rust in front of the rear passenger wheel; but everything else from the interior to drivetrain to body is otherwise flawless.

As I have driven this thing, the more I enjoy it!!! I really love it, and drive it as much as posible. I love taking it in the hills, yet it also functions great as a DD. I don't plan on modding it much at all, but this site is a GREAT source of information regarding maintenance and tendencies these trucks may have. As of right now, I only plan on fixing the window lock panel, as well as installing some new Sensatrac shocks & possibly a new rear sway bar. See you guys around :D

oh yeah, here's my Explorer!!!
269192_781271843223_42208716_37319881_4027638_n.jpg

264523_781272037833_42208716_37319887_2883579_n.jpg

Welcome to the forum. That's a sharp looking Sport:chug:

We also have a load of Mustang owners here, myself included. I have an '04 Mach 1.

Back