New Guy From NY | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Guy From NY

asphaltwarrior1

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Ford Explorer Sport
Hello everyone, great site here been poring over the pages and threads for about two weeks now. I recently acquired a 99 Sport 4x4 . I did a Home built shackle lift and . torsiontwist and have been deciding on tires come spring time. She's a good running truck with a new motor and trans, all new brakes and rotors, all new axles up front as well as all new ball joints and tie rods. I scored it for 1,00 bucks. I needed to replace my 2003 Hyundai Elantra GT that met it's demise with a 8 point 200lb plus buck two weeks ago lol I'll link up some pics from home puter later if I don't sleep all day . Working the Graveyard shift

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I plan to run 265/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler Trailmark's. I wont be doing any major off roading so no need for an aggressive tire right.lol Looking forward to Explorering the site more ( Pun intended lol ) and getting some tips and tricks to make my Ex better ! No pun intended there lol

asphaltwarrior, welcome to the forum. We too have a 99 Sport 4X4 which is going to be my wife's DD. I just finished repairing both rocker panels that were rotted out. Here is a pic of our Sport with our other 2 Fords.
100_0880_zpsiy9mcvaq.jpg

12289524_981114221934606_3005375929123311806_n.jpg

She desperately needs new rockers and part of the wheel well attached to the rocker. Spring will get some lovin for her lol

The pass side rocker panel was not to bad about a 12" section of the rear part of the rocker & a small spot of the lower quarter panel, but the drivers side was very bad about 1/2 of the rocker panel was gone from about the center of the rocker panel back to the rear wheel opening & the lower section of the quarter panel. I bought the "slip on" rocker patch pieces & cut from them to repair & welded them in, a light coat of filler, primer & paint.
Pass side before;
100_0903_zpswwjhrxei.jpg

pass side after;
100_0924_zpswhmveado.jpg

drivers side before;
100_0928_zps9l0cotsi.jpg

drivers side after;
100_0935_zpscnhpuzf2.jpg

Back