New guy here. Frist time Ford Owner | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New guy here. Frist time Ford Owner

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer Limited 2wd
I recently acquired a 2002 Explorer Limited in showroom-mint condition from my inlaws at an excellent price. I have every oil change, repairs and maintenance receipts since the vehicle was new; oil was every 2500-3000 miles by the bible. Quite impressive.

It's running good now and I've put a lot of work into it.
Brake pads, rotors, calipers, hoses and flushed the system
Flush radiator
Flush transmission
Transmission Filter
headlights & fog lights
Plugs & wires
Clean the throttle body
Upper intake service
Repaired the valve covers leaking oil
New rear hubs
New front hubs
New tie-rod ends
Power Steering service
and any other maintenance items that can be thought of has been performed.

Sadly, I didn't get the opportunity to replace the shock/spring packs and will do that for the next brake job.

While it did not necessary 'need' all of the items, I plan to keep this vehicle for quite some time so it was simply preventative maintenance for me, while keeping the costs well under the value of the vehicle.

I have always owned GM vehicles but the tide is changing. GM's quality is piss-poor at best. My 2008 Z71 tahoe was bought back due to their inability to fix a rear main oil leak and various electrical problems. I bought another Tahoe and within 200 miles the rear main was leaking in that as well. It continues to leak now with over 7000 miles on it. I'll let it leak until it finally completely fails and the motor blows. They can warranty it out as far as I'm concerned. It will be the last GM product I ever own.

Glad to be here!

Welcome to the forum:chug: Explorers are generally very long lasting vehicles. With proper maintenance I'm sure yours will serve you well.

Back