New guy near Pittsburgh

Bam240sx

Reaction score
City, State
Pittsburgh
Year, Model & Trim Level
Blurple 2013 Explorer XLT
Hi everyone,
New guy neatPittsburgh. Purchased a higher mileage 2013 Ford Explorer in June and have been creeping on the forum since Summer. Currently have an issue where a dealer is denying brand new tires shot due to not aligning the vehicle after performing the toe link recall.

I also just sealed the sunroof as I had a leak and “ambient waterfall affect“ of water coming down out of the dome lights. regardless of that I love the explorer and is great when you have kids! Looking forward to future creeping on this forum.

also, do not use IV.com Chad to verify things on your vehicle, they told me I had the standard or non-heavy duty brakes ordered the stuff from rock auto and ended up having the 352 mm heavy duty front brakes. is there a good website other than having to go through a dealership to find vital information on specific details of my vehicle based on Vin? I used the online Ford truck Vin decoder but I noticed a lot of similarities between different explorer Vin numbers when doing the extensive initial search to purchase this vehicle so I’m not sure how accurate that Vin decoder is - VIN Decoder - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums.

Because of this mistake on Ford’s part I had to go with AutoZone rotors and pads rather than the power stop coated rotors and ceramic pads I had already ordered.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome.

I did use rockauto! I ordered the Power Stop’s Evolution Geomet® Coated brake kit in 325mm since ford said I did not have the heavy duty brakes. Had to send them back and go the auto zone 352mm route since I had already started the job and had to finish it same day.

I was hoping to find an accurate vin decoder that shows the vehicle specs/standard equipment/options/etc.

also- picture of now permanent moon roof that no longer leaks

ECA1025A-E8C5-4261-AF87-093001A67E90.jpeg

New tires/front brakes on and aligned since the whole rear toe recall cluster with the dealership. Falken wildpeak a/t trail

https://www.falkentire.com/tires/light-truck-suv-cuv-tires/wildpeak/t-trail-tire

Tire is great, road noise is not anywhere near as bad as you’d think by looking at the tire. It is relatively quiet and only a pound heavier than the Michelin latitude tour that were on before. We’ll see how the mileage is affected.

E17511BF-D1B7-48B4-9052-1B000506DA83.jpeg

3930359A-DA88-4544-ACB9-6647B31406FE.jpeg

Back