New Guy Says Hi And See My Explorer Grow! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Guy Says Hi And See My Explorer Grow!

JPGandR

Reaction score
City, State
Dexter, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Limited
Hi Guys! Found this great site Monday and joined. Talked with some members and saw many awesome Ex's. I've had my Ex for many years, but it was time for new tires, so I thought a change was in order! I made my changes the last two weeks in February, so I thought I would show you its progression. Here it sits stock(please ignore the frost and dirt, it was nasty out) Now with 2.5" Truxxx lift Next with the added Summit body lift. Next I threw on some 33" Mickey Thompson AT tires. A little exhaust re-routing for the body lift. Then a bull bar with KC Slimlites. Other views. Oh, and one of my friends with a Chevy Silverado bouht this for me after I had to tow him home once! Thanks for looking and I know I'll enjoy seeing more of your rides! JPGandR :D

100_1066.jpg
100_1071.jpg
100_1075.jpg
100_1079.jpg
exhaust.jpg
100_1093.jpg
100_1087.jpg
100_1094.jpg
100_1088.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sweet truck an welcome love the hitch cover =p

Looks awesome!! Good job!! And Welcome to the Forum!!!

Nice rig very clean

Sweet also digging the hitch plug.

STU

Welcome. I want that hitch cover. haha. You do all the work yourself?

Guys, Thanks for the welcomes and compliments! Yes, I'm a do-it yourselfer, but had to have a little help this time from my buds because I'm recovering from surgery on both of my feet. Just went back to work two days ago after being off six months and boy are they TENDER! :( Here's the other Ford I fixed up-I LOVE the Pony Cars too!;
IMG024.jpg
IMG025.jpg
IMG019.jpg
IMG022.jpg

nice x and stang u got there

Swweet rides man!!!:bounce:

Welcome! look forward to seeing more projects;)

I love the hood on your ex. Tell us about it please.

Welcome!!! Do you meet with any of the off-road guys that head to SMORRS?(did I spell that right?) Love the ride and keep it up!!!

Hi, what truxxx lift did you use? Thanks

nice 3rd gen
simple and clean yet aggressive...

Hey Guys, thanks alot!
zpaperboyz-Hood scoop is a Mustang GT scoop. I think it may have been for a '01 model. It bolts to your hood, so a little drilling is required. I also used 3M body tape for extra adhesion. Very good job on your body lift, btw! :thumbsup:
Limited02-Love your choice in Ex! Mine has a good tune also, but it can't beat yours now that I have the 33's! Sorry, don't know of SMORRS. Keep up your performance quest! :cool:
milladog-Truxxx #102010 for 2006-2010 Explorers. I bought it at tirerack.com. Breaking loose old rusty strut tower bolts was the most difficult part of install!;)

milladog-Truxxx #102010 for 2006-2010 Explorers. I bought it at tirerack.com. Breaking loose old rusty strut tower bolts was the most difficult part of install!;)

Did you have to modify the kit at all to get this to work? I would love to do this to my '05!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hey mate just wondering how much room u got on the inside of ur tires and steering arm etc.. I just put some 275's on mine and it looks like its almost touching, and i presume urs r wider??

Back